Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
notarizing Vital Records AUTHORIZATION FORM........
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Mung/CA on 9/27/06 12:20pm
Msg #148815

Hello everybody. I did a search but didn't get much. I have been asked to notarize a Vital Record Authorization Form ( to obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate). There is a notarial section w/in the form. Has anybody notarized one of these? This is a first for me. Thanks and have a great day.........

R

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/27/06 12:23pm
Msg #148818

I've done them. It's an application to receive a certified copy of a birth certificate. There is a place for the notarization (might have to "squeeze" the stamp on it though).

Reply by Poppy on 9/27/06 12:31pm
Msg #148824

New Law Effective July 1, 2003
In an attempt to stop the illegal use of birth and death certificates, and as part of statewide efforts to reduce identity theft, a new law changed the way certified copies of birth and death certificates are issued.

Effective July 1, 2003, there are two types of certified copies of birth and death records:

Certified Copy: This is a regular certified copy identical to those issued prior to July 1, 2003. These will be issued only to authorized individuals as defined by Health and Safety Code 103526 (see list below). A Certified Copy can be used to establish the identity of the person named on the certificate.
If you're requesting a Certified Copy, you MUST also provide a notarized Sworn Statement (see below for more information).
Certified Informational Copy: This is also a regular certified copy, but it will have a legend across the face with the statement "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY." A Certified Informational Copy cannot be used to establish identity. Persons who are not eligible to receive a Certified Copy can receive a Certified Informational Copy.
If you're requesting a Certified Informational Copy, you DO NOT NEED to provide a Sworn Statement.

Reply by DellaCa on 9/27/06 12:49pm
Msg #148833

Easy to do I have done a few of these.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/28/06 12:46am
Msg #148986

You didn't actually say what your question is... I think it should be pretty straight forward. I've done several of those, but not in a while. Just be sure that the jurat wording on the document is correct or attach a proper loose certificate. (I've seen some official state forms that still have the old jurat wording on them.)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.