Notary Rotary
printer hp1320tn
Notary Discussion History

printer hp1320tn
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Rhonda Farmer on 9/19/06 6:42pm
Msg #147046

printer hp1320tn

I just purchased this laserjet 1320tn and went to print my 1st set of docs on an elynx site and it printed on all letter. It has 2 trays. My question is does this printer no when to print letter vs legal. or is the 2nd tray a storage tray??

Thanks
tRhonda

Reply by Terri_CA on 9/19/06 7:10pm
Msg #147049

No, you have to tell it by going into the printer properties and telling it what size paper is in what tray. Instructions are:

Click Start, Select Printers and Faxes
Right click on the printer, select properties
Then select the Device Settings Tab
Under Form to Tray Assignment, Leave tray 1 at letter (this is the manual feed tray)
click on tray 2, you'll be able to change the paper size there, mine is letter
then click on tray 3, this is the lower tray, I have it set to legal.

Be sure to click the apply button, then the ok button. Now your printer should know what tray to pull paper from.

Good Luck.

Terri
Lancaster, CA
Owner of HP 1320tn unit

Reply by Rhonda Farmer on 9/19/06 8:12pm
Msg #147056

Terri
I did what you said and still prints on letter....what abt under installable options how should that be set? and is your 2 sided on mine is...how do you get that off.

Thanks
Rhonda

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/19/06 8:37pm
Msg #147064

Hi Rhonda, I have a two tray 1320 tn with expanded memory which I love dearly. All of your controls should be in the printer dialog box. click on properties when the printer dialog box displays and go through the tabs. The two sided printing is in the finishing tab, just un-click it.

Reply by Rhonda Farmer on 9/19/06 8:58pm
Msg #147066

Hi
I turned the 2 sided off. I do have 2 trays 2 is legal and 3 is letter and I went to print through elynx and still all letter..I did what Terri said to do by changing the tray setting but still all letter. any suggestions??

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/19/06 9:28pm
Msg #147071

I believe tht on the drop down printer menue on the front page there is a check box to allow the printer to select he size of paper based on the document size. For diferent types of programs the dialog box changes but for instance in printing *.pdf files you will see a check box on the first page fo the dialog box that has a check box saying "choose paper source by PDF page size. You have to click ctrl-P for the full idalog box to display or click "File" followed by "print" if you just click the print icon the dialog box does not display.

Reply by Sarah/CA on 9/19/06 9:50pm
Msg #147077

I also just recently bought this same printer. I ended up calling HP and they walked me thru setting it up to pick the right paper and now it picks the correct paper perfectly. I love it. Sorry I am not much help but I got right thru to HP and it didn't take long at all. You might try that if all else fails.

Reply by Rhonda Farmer on 9/19/06 11:17pm
Msg #147108

Thank you so much everyone, it is working.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.