Notary Rotary
sending an enclosed note back with documents
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Denise Evans on 9/15/06 1:47am
Msg #146261

I have been following the board since April 2006. I have been using the search button until my eyes are crossed and my neck is stiff. I have been reading the posts from beginning to now. I have found answers to most of my questions. I know I saw something sort of related to this question but I can not find reference to it.....so I am going to ask. I did a loan siging, loan application was incorrect so borrower did not sign as per conversation with mort.company. no legal description of property was enclosed in documents. Is it ok for me to send a separate piece of paper with a short note of discrepancies so they know I did not forget to do or enclose said documents.

Reply by Kate/CA on 9/15/06 1:53am
Msg #146263

I usually write a note on Post-its, they come in all sizes. If the borrower declines to sign something I let them write the note and initial it. Then you can stick it to the document with and edge sticking out so title can see it at a glance.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/15/06 2:09am
Msg #146264

Being proactive in sending back little note like that is more than ok. It shows Lender/TC your knowledge being the extra eyes and ears for their oversight. I'd recommend that you only send a color post-it note of any size except a full LTR size page.

Reply by PJM/MI on 9/15/06 6:05am
Msg #146268

I carry letterhead stationary with me which comes in very handy to send notes back. I have used the paper to tape voided checks to when the bo's want the funds directly deposited., which the borrower signs. (Make sure that's okay with the TC..as some TC's charge for direct desposit, and some won't do it at all).

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 9/15/06 6:15am
Msg #146270

Re: Not only is it OK, but it's a good CYA move! n/m

Reply by Joan_OH on 9/15/06 6:37am
Msg #146272

I ALWAYS send back a cover sheet on colored paper listing who it's going to, date, borrowers last name, file number and if check is attached and how much. Then if there are any issues, I write it down. If I've communicated with title or lender, it is written down here. In there are no problems, I just write "no issues, smooth signing" On the bottom of my cover sheet is says "thank you for your business. If there are any questions, please contact me @ phone # or email"

Joan-OH

Reply by Ernest__CT on 9/15/06 6:38am
Msg #146273

Great idea! n/m

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/15/06 7:15am
Msg #146279

Re: sending an enclosed note back with documents-Joan

Joan do you have that in a word doc? If you do could you send it to me? Thanks, Beverly
[e-mail address]

Reply by Denise Evans on 9/15/06 9:30am
Msg #146305

Re: sending an enclosed note back with documents-Joan

Thank you for your reply. I am sending the docs back today. Just wanted to see what others do. I know the guy that did the loan wont necessarily be available when title is going through the docs. I don't want them to say "hey that signing lady didn't do her job". Thanks again, I decided to come here for answers and insight. I check the other boards but I have found this one to be the most knowledgeable and easiest to navigate through to get information.

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/15/06 9:24am
Msg #146302

It's always smart to add a note. But about the loan app...

I don't know what the issue was, but when presenting the loan app for signing, you might want to make it clear that it is PRELIMINARY information that was gathered to start the loan process. It doesn't have to be exact. It will keep you from getting hung up on small stuff, "I started my job 11 years ago, not 10. That's not the address of my office, that's the main office. My credit info isn't updated. That's not the correct payout. Etc..." It can save you some grief in the future.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/15/06 9:46am
Msg #146310

Re: It's always smart to add a note. But about the loan app...

Exactly, Al. About the only thing that I ask them to change and initial is something like an incorrect SS # or phone #. Also, if there is a creditor listed that they say - "Oh, that's our son's", I tell them they can draw a line through it, write the explanation and initial. So far, no one has them refused to sign.

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/15/06 2:38pm
Msg #146385

Re: Empl. address - FYI

I've found that the employer address on the 1003 is often where the W-2's come from, not the physical address that the employee reports to daily.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.