Notary Rotary
when you do your average search...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 9/1/06 8:37am
Msg #142798

do you google? Use the search on your home page?
What search engine do you automatically use, without thinking, when looking for something.
Why do you feel your choice is the best one.

I am used to google, I feel it shows more and I like the adv search.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/1/06 8:40am
Msg #142799

I use my home page, but if something doesn't pull up there, I will google. I'll generally find what I'm looking for too. I don't know why I don't just google, I would save myself a lot of time. I need to add it to my favorites. I think I'll do that now. Smile

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/1/06 8:45am
Msg #142803

cassie...

do you know the name of the search engine on your home page? I think mine is Lycos. I was surprised at the great number of these when I was trying to get my site together. I'm trying to learn about spiders and robots now and all that fun stuff. I'm thinking google has got to be the fav, it's everywhere, even on some sites there is a link to google.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/1/06 8:56am
Msg #142807

Re: cassie...

I'm sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet, did you mean my homepage as in my own website? Because I don't have one. I was talking about msn homepage. I feel silly. Need coffee!

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/1/06 8:57am
Msg #142808

Dogpile.com

I use this one all the time. It encompasses google, ask.com and many others.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 9/1/06 9:41am
Msg #142826

All of the above

plus answers.com, google is usually my first choice.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/1/06 10:02am
Msg #142838

I have google in my browser bar and use it all the time. Google ROCKS!

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/1/06 10:09am
Msg #142839

#1-Google.com - It works partly off of the sites listed at dmoz.org

#2-Clusty.com - Unusual..I like the way it provides answers based on topic.

#3-MSN, Yahoo, Altavista all seem to provide same answers, but answers Google.com won't be giving you.

Reply by Howie35CT on 9/1/06 10:11am
Msg #142840

hmmm, before this discussion, google. Now, I'll try dogpile and this clusty thingamajig.

Reply by MINY on 9/1/06 10:48am
Msg #142848

Google for me as well. Im thinkin Im with Howie !!! I'll have to try the others and see where it gets me. Thanks

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/1/06 11:01am
Msg #142854

Google toolbar if you ain't on google, you ain't on my puter n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/1/06 11:29am
Msg #142868

Re:your average search...Good morning Charming one,

I have used Google a lot over the last few years. Lately I just get the sense that Google has committed so much effort to positioning and their search algorythms as well as selling positioning that I ahve been running comparable searches between different search engines and I have found a world of difference. I used to use Alta Vista for the most part until about 5 years ago when I started to use Google more. Now I find that Alta Vista gives me a broader response and greater variety than Google. I don't have real hard scientific facts but try running the two on exactly the same search criteria and check the results. Alta Vista allso apears to handle Boolean operators differently. I haven't tried it with the others.

Reply by John Slater on 9/1/06 12:37pm
Msg #142880

I Google.
Try Dogpile.com all of the major search engines piled into one.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.