Notary Rotary
2007 NNA Conference
Notary Discussion History

2007 NNA Conference
Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by LesliCa on 4/26/07 4:31pm
Msg #187216

2007 NNA Conference

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the previous NNA Conferences -- is it a good investment in ourselves??

Did you find it valuable - and a good place to network ---- that pays off with new business.

I would welcome opinions, thoughts and ideas on attending the upcoming Conference.

Thanks for the help,
A new Certified NSA.

Reply by Mickey_Fan on 4/26/07 4:39pm
Msg #187219

Lesli, there are several discussions on this topic ... search for NNA Conference and you will find much.

Barbara

Reply by PL on 4/26/07 5:03pm
Msg #187221

I'd rather flush my $ down the toliet, I'd get more benefit.

Have a good time, I understand California is nice this time of year.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 4/26/07 5:07pm
Msg #187222

CA is nice this time of year but not at a @$&&*^% NNA event n/m

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 4/26/07 6:08pm
Msg #187231

I have attended many NNA Conferences. (San Diego, Orlando, Philadelphia & Las Vegas)
The conferences are a good place to network.
I have made many friends; it comes in handy at times to have a Notary friend across the country that you've met and perhaps had dinner with.
I met Chicago Bob at an NNA conference.
The content of the workshops often left much to be desired; but the networking and fun optional events made it worthwhile for me.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 4/26/07 8:35pm
Msg #187260

Re: 2007 NNA Conference, If its the cameraderie that's

fun and intersting perhaps we should consider a Notary Rotary National Conferene. That could be fun.

Reply by Mickey_Fan on 4/26/07 9:54pm
Msg #187271

Re: 2007 NNA Conference, If its the cameraderie that's

San Francisco is beautiful ANY time of the year.......

Barbara

Reply by Charles_Ca on 4/26/07 11:39pm
Msg #187290

I certainly can't dispute that Mickey :) n/m

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 4/27/07 5:13am
Msg #187302

If it's cameraderie we want

may I suggest a less expensive place to visit than San Francisco. Most conventions and seminars are held in very attractive cities with very expensive hotels, etc. If it's scenery I want I'll go to a tourist destination, however, If I'm in a seminar or convention from morning till night and rarely leave the hotel it doesn't matter where I'm at. The reason for attending is in the hotel and that could be in any city -- just need a major airport. I'm very suspicious of conventions that are in (and I'm not picking on any place) San Francisco, New York, San Diego, Puerto Rico, Haiwaii etc. and I really resent it when it's a public officials convention that I'm indirectly paying for. The information desiminated(sp - sorry haven't had my coffee yet) is the same there as in Minneapolis, Columbus, Knoxville, Des Moines, Milwaukee, or any place else. If we're there to do business we don't have time to sight see. The only tourist exception that comes to mind is Las Vegas, air travel is very reasonable from almost every place and you can easily get there from everyplace and the hotels will work a convention a very good deal. If this is something we're going to be paying for, the cost will be a major consideration because it will directly impact our bottom line.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/27/07 8:35am
Msg #187310

Re: If it's cameraderie we want

Yet again, you are correct Dorothy.

Just thinking about my own town (NOT PROMOTING) and thinking about recent group activities which have gone on around me.

I could probably get block of rooms for $75 a night (Hilton/Marriott, etc.) or cheaper, set up a Winery Tour and dinner with lots of wine for tasting or guzzling for $75 a head including transportation from the hotel, Ummm...CaliNotary could lead a "Notary Karaoke Blitz" late afternoon and into the evening after all the wine, the next morning I'd teach "Making Soap in Your Jammies" for FREE ($15 for supplies and lunch per person), and for the hangers on who want to tour Texas, we could head out to Round Top to eat pie and rub elbows with the artsy-fartsies and concert musicians, stop off at the Brenham monastery to look at the miniature horses they raise there, swing by the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory in Brenham for refreshment (free) and that day would cost us around $65 each for travel and lunch as well.

So we are now at $305 for two days without airfare. That actually sounds like a worthwhile deal. If we do some serious notary work and info sharing rather than partying and "camaraderie" , I think the price could go down around $50.

So you see what Dorothy means? She is absolutely correct.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 4/27/07 8:41am
Msg #187312

I'm not sure how they went about this BUT

once when my son flew to Minnesota to see his father they got him a "charter" rate and he flew with an entire plane load of a church affiliated group for next to nothing.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 4/27/07 8:47am
Msg #187313

Sign me up - Harry are you listening?

Brenda, which airlines fly into your area? Really think this would be a great idea and we'd get to meet in person people we only meet here and would learn a great deal. Just think how much we get from our area or statewide networking meetings and then times it to a factor of about 10!

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 4/27/07 10:35am
Msg #187333

Re: If it's cameraderie we want....Often, there are optional

ecursions that are completely optional and it is up to each to make a personal choice rather to partake or not.
***It is not added in to the cost of the registration, so if a Notary choses not to be included in any optional excursions, that is on them. No harm done.

It can be , I'm thinking a "plus" to have a conference in a city that has tourist attractions, so optional excursions can be planned at a cost effective price.
I've never been to Knoxville or Des Moines, so I really cannot comment on optional excursions in those cities.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.