A & L Nationwide Signing Service/Long
Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by JAM/CA on 4/2/07 9:59pm
Msg #183454

Posted by JAM/CA on April 2, 2007, 7:35 pm
User logged in as: JAM/CA

Beware fellow notaries. I took a signing for A & L on 11-29-06 for an agreed fee of $125.00 with e-docs. I spent a total of 1 1/2 hours at the signing, only to have the loan officer finally tell me it was not the loan the borrower wanted. I called A & L immediately from the front of the Borrower's home and explained to Kami. We agreed upon a fee of $100.00 for the no sign, print fee and time and travel. I waited and waited and finally got a check around 1-19-07 for $25.00.
I did not agree to a reduced fee, I have not signed a contract with her and the confirmation has nothing about a reduced fee. I have snail mailed, called, emailed, faxed, filed with the BBB and am using www.olddebts.com. Please see post below on BBB filing.
Complaint
Complaint Classification: Contract issues
Complaint Description - Posted 2-12-2007

I was contracted on 11-29-06 to do a signing for A & L Nationwide Signing Service to do a loan signing in San Jose, CA. I am a Certified Notary Signing Agent. The confirmation was for $125.00 with e-docs to be downloaded and printed, go to appointment and get loan docs signed and notarized. Due to no fault of my own the loan did not proceed after 1 1/2 hours due to it not being the loan the borrower wanted. I was paid $25.00. I did not sign a contract with A & L Nationwide Signing Service and did not agree to reduced fee for my services. As an Independent Contractor and a Notary Public, I cannot have a financial interest in the outcome of the loan. I am by law an Impartial Witness to this transaction.

Complaint Summary

Non Payment
Resolution Sought

I expect payment in full for the agreed amount of $125.00. This is what my confirmation says and does not say anything about reduced fees, which I would not have agreed to.
I have invoiced by U.S. Postal service, email and fax with no response.

Additional Information
Date Problem First Occurred:
1-16-2007
Product or Service: Hiring Notaries Public for loan signings.
Model Name or Number:
Date Purchased: 11-29-2006
Order Number:
Amount Paid: $0.00

Company's Response
Initial Response
The complaint is waiting for the Business to respond. No edit is allowed at this point.

No company's response provided

Initial Response Summary
The complaint is waiting for the Business to respond. No edit is allowed at this point.

No company's response summary provided

Consumer's Rebuttal
Rebuttal

No consumer's rebuttal provided

Company's Final Response
Final Response

No company's final response provided

No response from A & L Signing until today, 4-1-07.
This is the response:
March 29, 2007

To whom it may concern:
In regards to the loan signing that was done by Joe Smoe (name changed), this loan did not close. I explained to Joe Smoe in a phone conversation that I would compensate her 25.00 for travel and printing fee. I did that. I was not paid for setting up this signing and did not commit to her or anyone else that payment would be received in the event of not closing. I know there are companies that pay regardless, this was not one of them. I would highly recommend that in the future, that she would clarify that policy before taking on a signing.

Sincerely,
Owner (Changed Name)

I would never agree to a reduced fee of $25.00 for edoc printing, travel, time. Next step, Small Claims Court. I took this signing in good faith, as an Independent Contractor and expect to be paid in good faith.

What say ye???? Sorry about long, long post.

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 4/2/07 11:05pm
Msg #183467

Thanks for the warning

Yet another amateur signing service that has a lousy business plan.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/2/07 11:33pm
Msg #183474

It sucks. Think I'd harp on the fact that there was nothing from them in writing about a reduced fee. You can't make up unilateral 'new rules' after a 'contract' (CO) has been sent.
Conversely, next time address this matter before you accept & get it in writing! Then it is unargueable.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.