Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Andy (NDWA) have you seen this mass storage device?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by Charles_Ca on 4/29/07 11:29pm
Msg #187972

I was curious what you thought of it. I watched the video and you can have up to 4 hard disks kind of like RAID 0+10 and hotswap any and most at any time and the programs don't fail. Data Robotics the system is called Drobo

www.datarobotics.com

I'd love to know what you think of it.

Reply by bhatla1971 on 4/29/07 11:44pm
Msg #187974

It is very common for companies to store data in this way. If one hard disk out of minimum of 3 fail - your data is stil intact. It's used by File Servers. I just prefer to keep a copy of data on USB Drives in addition to my laptop. You can buy USB Drives almost free of cost after mail in rebate on couple of web sites like DEALS2BUY.COM and EDEALINFO.COM - Maintenance for USB Drives is ZERO - while you will need some good Servers Knowledge to maintain Data Robotics System. You can write me personally if you need help with understanding Storage Systems - but I think for our level of work - It's an overkill.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 4/30/07 12:09am
Msg #187975

Thank you for your response. I am very glad to hear of your suggestions. The problem that I have is that I am not just a notary but also a commercial real estate broker and a loan broker and i must keep data for at least 7 years and my attorney tells me that I must keep it forever (at least as long as I am around). Now I know that notaries do not keep the documents but I have to keept he documents for both the loan and the sales work. I will be p leased to contact you to discuss this system, thank you fo rthe offer/

Reply by Dave_CA on 4/30/07 9:46am
Msg #188001

Charles, I looked at the web site and it appears to be a good and easy to manage system.
You may also want to look at Windows home server which I have been beta testing for about 3 months. I am very impressed with this system. It is very easy to set up and then it basically manages itself. You can use almost any PC and if you install 2 or more hard drives it will duplicate your data on backup and so a single drive failure will not lose data. I believe they are still accepting applications for the beta test and that the system should be out soon.
You can find more information at: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/windowshomeserver/default.mspx

Reply by Charles_Ca on 4/30/07 1:21pm
Msg #188040

Thanks Dave, I will check it out. Appreicate the info. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.