Notary Rotary
Calling back if you can't take the appointment
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by SharonMN on 4/26/07 2:20pm
Msg #187181

If someone calls and leaves you a message asking if you can do a signing at such-and-such time and place, and you can't, do you call back and tell them you can't, or do you just delete the message and move on?

I usually like to call back, seeing this as a marketing tool to let the client know that I do exist and am willing to help at another time. However, if I was a busy scheduler, maybe I wouldn't want lots of people calling me back saying they can't help me.

What do you do?

Reply by pan/nd on 4/26/07 2:24pm
Msg #187182

Sharon,

I'm with you. I call back if I can't do the appointment.

I probably wouldn't have to. But, if I were a scheduler, I'd appreciate the call back with either yes or no. And, in fact, schedulers have told me this when I do call back.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/26/07 2:27pm
Msg #187184

I call back and let them know and add "so sorry I missed your call - look forward to working with you in the future".

Reply by shebear on 4/26/07 2:49pm
Msg #187188

I always call back no matter what my answer is. It is just a common courtsey. Good marketing. If I was calling someone and left a message I would want them to call me back. It could be in the realm of the golden rule "Treat others as you would have them treat you." Or something like that.

Reply by ME/NJ on 4/26/07 6:50pm
Msg #187236

Always call back, introduce yourself and if they assigned the job to someone else say thank you for calling and you look forward to hear from them again in the future.

It works..

Reply by Life Saving Services - Doug on 4/26/07 7:38pm
Msg #187247

If it was a signing service I would not call back. You see they caled a dozen more people by the time I could call them. And of course the new Notary that accepted at the lowest possible price got the work. Now Title Companies, Direct Lenders and individuals I always call back. If I do not know I will call anyway though....

Reply by GF_CA on 4/27/07 8:28am
Msg #187309

I ALWAYS call back. There are some good signing service out there, and, without them I would be out of business in one week.

Reply by Tookie on 4/27/07 9:19am
Msg #187318

I always call back and usually offer the contact info of a good notary or two that I have networked with. Even if they get the business and get the next call, if they can't do it ... who do you think they will refer???

You scratch my back and I will scratch yours... it works.

Reply by Tim_Mphs/TN on 4/27/07 11:39pm
Msg #187629

I always return calls. The scheduler usually thanks me for taking the time to do so and it keeps my name in their minds for future business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.