Fee Request - How would you respond!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by Regal/NC on 4/20/07 2:13pm
Msg #186155

I had the following email exchange today:

Original message: Hello Bobby, Please advise of your fees. We may use you from time to time for our Hoke County Closings.
Thanks, Mary

My Reply: Mary, What group are you associated with?

Mary’s Reply: We contract out with various lenders mostly in CA. Thanks

My Reply: Mary, The question is, who is "WE"? What is the name of the entity you represent?

Mary’s Reply: Hello we are a Law Firm in CA. I work for XX Associates. Disregard our request, you sound to arrogant. We will find another closer to do our loans in NC.

My Reply: Mary, All due respect. Whenever I receive a unsolicited and vague email I attempt to research the source. I do not submit information just because a unknown person or group requests it. If due diligence on my part seems arrogant then so be it. I reserve the right to make inquiries about a entity or person before sending any information. You have my information, why is it so stranger to ask for yours?
( Names have been changed)

Reply by skrittof on 4/20/07 2:17pm
Msg #186158

I understand and share your concern but I'd personally have emailed back a bit of a "pr" blurb offering the types of services I could provide and asking them for their company name and phone number so I could call and discuss their needs.

Reply by NCLisa on 4/20/07 9:10pm
Msg #186214

CA attorneys are not permitted to do loan closings. It is an escrow/title state, and has been since the great earthquake in the early 1900's. The attorneys thought that no one would ever move to CA after that event, and turned real estate transactions over to the insurance companies.

I did my paralegal internship at a huge law firm in Oakland, that had a giant real estate department. They were permitted to write CCR's, HOA agreements, and sue parties. Most of the cases I worked on were the buyers suing the real estate agent and the sellers for non disclosure.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.