Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Fee trimmed when signing at Title Company.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by CJ on 4/9/07 12:38pm
Msg #184297

A SS has me do the signing at a local title company. I see that my fee is $15 less. The SS says something about "since I don't have to receive or send docs". SS also said they charge less so the Title Co won't use their own staff. Another notary told me I am "renting" the office.

What do you think? I don't like it. I would rather go to the borrower's home.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/9/07 12:42pm
Msg #184298

I'd take the $15 less to have docs set in front of me.
I like it when I get about 4 back-to-back at a TC.

Reply by DebbieT on 4/9/07 1:07pm
Msg #184303

I would have to agree. Just walk in, sign and walk out. I would take a $15.00 cut anyday not to have to print and ship.

Reply by CJ on 4/9/07 11:41pm
Msg #184406

Here is a little more info about the fee trimming:

I usually get paid $75 for this company, so my fee is down to $60.
I go to Kinkos every day to pick up my docs anyway. (This works best for me, someone is there 24-7 to get my docs)
They Fed Exed the docs to the title company, and I still was responsible to ship them back.
There turned out to be a problem with the docs, and the acoustics were bad in that small room for everyone to be on their phones (including me).

I would rather work than not work, so I took the job. But since they didn't sign, I told them when they re-draw, I am happy to meet them at their house and save them the trip. They liked that. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.