HARRY Background Check Problems
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by Snuggles on 4/3/07 8:23am
Msg #183497

Good Morning Harry,
I have a coworker that has had a Background check completed by Notary Rotary.She has had several companies tell her that YOUR background check is not good
enough and does not qualify like the National Notary Associations background check.

Now my question is why is this? What is different about your background check that it is NOT
being accepted by other companies? SUCH as Fiserve? I would think for over $100 Dollars that this would be acceptable especially with the intense check that you did.
Now these companies are telling us that we have to do a Background check through NNA or them in order to work with their companies. The purpose of your background check was to make all the companies happy I guess they are not.
Thanks

Reply by SueW/Tn on 4/3/07 9:26am
Msg #183509

Whew...I'd love to see that letter from the SS that states

that they won't accept anything other than an NNA BGC. Would your co-worker be willing to share that with us?

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/3/07 9:34am
Msg #183512

you and me both, Sue..... n/m

Reply by DellaCa on 4/3/07 10:06am
Msg #183518

Re: I think a lot of us would including Harry n/m

Reply by sue_pa on 4/3/07 10:07am
Msg #183519

Re: Whew...I'd love to see that letter from the SS that states

I'm betting that's not 'exactly' what it says - I believe they offer the choice of their own check or the NNA

Reply by FWP/WA on 4/3/07 1:22pm
Msg #183542

Re: Whew...I'd love to see that letter from the SS that states

"Now these companies are telling us that we have to do a Background check through NNA or them in order to work with their companies."

This is exactly what she said in the first post. NNA, or theirs.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 4/3/07 2:47pm
Msg #183552

Snuggles -

I would like to know what company is stating that our background check is "not good enough." All indications are that we have a background check that is superior to the NNA / Signix check. Please see Msg # 182781 to understand some of the differences. In light of this, you raise an outstanding point. If there are companies that are unwilling to recognize the NPBC Certification, we would like to know why, especially in consideration of what appear to be a couple glaring deficiencies in the NNA / Signix checks.

We really have no idea what types of arrangements were made when NNA got together with some of the nation's leading title companies behind closed doors. Early on, we had verbal commitments from a number of these companies to either evaluate or support the NPBC Certification. Since then, there has been a very peculiar silence. For example, our most recent message to Vince Lapenta and Susan Brown at Fiserv has gone unanswered. This is AFTER their legal department gave our check the "OK."

We will be following-up with some of these companies, as well as others, to see where they stand. We may also approach key lenders directly with what we have learned. The lack of support for what seems to be a superior solution and one that is much more open than the "single-source" offering raises the specter of impropriety and, in this day and age, you would think the tolerance among TCs and lenders for that type of perception would be extremely low.

In the meantime, the NPBC Certification is a superb approach for increasing marketability on Notary Rotary. We have also heard there are many companies that are satisfied with virtually any background check, regardless of source.

Harry
Notary Rotary

Reply by Snuggles on 4/4/07 12:24pm
Msg #183665

Harry
Please see private message I just sent to you
Thanks
Mary

Reply by Linda Snell on 4/3/07 8:05pm
Msg #183591

In my opinion the NNA has pushed the backround check because it benefits them. They didn't do this with the intentions of any other companies dipping into their profits. They have run with this idea just as they are going to push the electronic signings. They are in it to make a profit from us. They continue to recruit more notaries with promises of great income. Then we end up with notaries taking closings at below the recommended fee scale. Eventually the NNA will have a surplus of notaries out there and it will be time to move to another field of work.

Reply by goodgirl on 4/3/07 11:31pm
Msg #183619

The NNA already has a surplus of notaries out there. I am now getting calls wherein the company is looking for "bids" on a job a couple days down the road in my area. My response is that I don't bid on jobs. You either meet my fees or you can find someone else and stop wasting my time.

Reply by christiSocal on 4/4/07 12:03am
Msg #183621

BIDS! Oh my gosh! I'm speechless

Thanks for the warning though. I like your response, hope you don't mind if I borrow it. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.