I get irritated when I see a SS listing themselves here
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by MistarellaFL on 4/7/07 10:13am
Msg #184089

as an NSA.
I found Closing Quest doing that in a Nashville, TN search.
Rather snaky of them.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/7/07 10:20am
Msg #184090

If I am not mistaken, Harry has put his foot down on that as per post by a signing service here awhile back.

Sharon and Sue W could probably get this service's NR ad reduced to a straight notary ad by requesting it be looked into. Signing services are supposed to list in the Signing Service Central.

The crazy thing is that if Respi490 had followed the rules and not continued to advertise it probably would not have come to light that they had a signing service ad in the notary section.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/7/07 10:26am
Msg #184091

I sent a message to Harry.

It was even updated last month. As far as I know, Frank is not even with them anymore.
He was the glue for that company, IMO. It went to XXXX when he departed.
That kind of profile makes it harder for TN NSAs to glean direct work and is unfair to the whole NR community.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/7/07 10:41am
Msg #184093

Re: I sent a message to Harry. Good. They aren't in

Signing Central and they are abusing their notary membership IMHO-- 'course that's up to Harry.

To steal a word and phrase from Becca's own creative list: "What a momo!"

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/7/07 10:48am
Msg #184096

Becca's own creative list: "What a momo!"

Actually I believe they qualify for the "What a momo-jackbag!" adjective Wink

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/7/07 10:57am
Msg #184099

Re: Becca's own creative list: "What a momo!"

While I don't want to minimize Becca's creative abilities, I would like to give an Honorable Mention this month to . . .

Doc for his quotable exclamation, "Oh my stars and garters!"

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/7/07 11:03am
Msg #184100

Doc gets my vote this month.....

That was such a good one I will be borrowing that one, too, lol.
I have already incorpoated momo and jackbag into my vocabulary.
I love getting that puzzled look from others when I use them.

Reply by Becca_FL on 4/7/07 2:40pm
Msg #184132

Re: Becca's own creative list: "What a momo!"

I like it too and give it 5 stars!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/7/07 11:37am
Msg #184107

Re: I sent a message to Harry. Good. They aren't in

Signing Central.
Neither is Notary Express LLC, and they are advertising as a SS in the find a notary feature.
We should all check our areas for the other sneaky snakes subversively using this to glean work. Let them market the honest, hard way, like the rest of us do.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/7/07 10:31am
Msg #184092

One of the 'other boards' is allowing this. Seems to me that board owner is shooting himself in the foot by allowing this. JMHO

Reply by Joan_OH on 4/7/07 10:43am
Msg #184095

The big difference in the "other board" and this one is the other board is charging the SS a fee to be listed. Notary Express LLC, zip 37122 is on a free listing. I can't believe Harry would allow that!

Joan-OH

Reply by DebbieT on 4/7/07 10:56am
Msg #184098

Yes, I would say that it does make it unfair for the rest of us.

Reply by respi490 on 4/7/07 12:29pm
Msg #184112

its interesting that youre irritated about this but there 4 0r 5 notaries fighting for this closing we only make 10-15 per closing to be competive with other ss. the deifference we pay our notaries and nobody ever gets the run around with us. we return phone calls and we verify the adress to the notary before we send a check out.

the reality is there are 100s of signing services out there that low ball to get buisness.

thats buisness.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/7/07 12:40pm
Msg #184113

What is irritating part?

What is irritating is that you don't even pay for a premium membership, although that is also forbidden (listing as a SS in the notary section).
As a SS, you should be paying for a listing in Signing Central.
What is about you that you think you are so special that you don't have to pay to play?
No worries, I outed you (to the owners of Not Rot) about your profile as well as the other
2 TN SS's who are listed in the find a notary feature advertising national signing services.
Who cares about the 100's of signing agencies? We all do, because they pay the premium fee for the SS listing in Signing Central.
Those listed are not trying to rob the independent notary agent from gleaning direct work.
If you are really only making 10-15 per closing, then you are not much of a business person.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/7/07 1:18pm
Msg #184116

Re: What is irritating part?

**If you are really only making 10-15 per closing, then you are not much of a business person.**

They probably are making only $10-15 per closing because they are a double middleman. Like I said about the merchandising, I used to do a few jobs for companies who'd pay $15-20 an hour and this one is shown on a Google search offering $8 because they are taking jobs from middlemen and then splitting the fee again. This group may be taking signings from signing services and farming them out. They offered a paltry $50/$25 for edocs. Maybe they take signing service fees of $90 - $100 for the same job and re-route them to notaries.

Why all of a sudden do I have visions of "Maxine" at her computer puffing on a cigarette in a nicotine stained ivory holder while pouring Strawberry Hill into a Dixie cup? Might explain why someone would schedule ten notary jobs to make $150 rather than go out and work directly with borrowers. Better yet, it also might explain why you wouldn't take the time to read the rules posted here.

Reply by DebbieT on 4/7/07 12:53pm
Msg #184114

10 to 15 per closing. You are joking right. n/m

Reply by SueW/Tn on 4/7/07 1:07pm
Msg #184115

Well I do have a dog in this fight

because I'm a Tennessee Notary Signing Agent and what the folks are telling you is fact, you've snuck in under the radar. I pay for a premium membership and by gosh you should have to pay too. Why should you be making anything off of an SA that's paying for that membership? Also, please correct your mistakes, your spelling isn't attractive and lacks professionalism. Go to Harry and get yourself listed correctly please.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/7/07 1:18pm
Msg #184117

Re: Well I do have a dog in this fight

Search Results for Postal Code 37122
56 mobile notaries found meeting your criteria.

These notaries should have an oppotunity to accept this work.
25 have paid for a premium listing!
As a basic member, Respi490 has paid nada to "steal" work at least 25 others have paid to advertise and receive offers.
So much for ethics.
I would rather see Sue or Sharon, or any of the others listed have a chance to get the job.
Respi should be better at pricing him/herself as a SS, and should spend more time marketing his/her SS to hiring parties.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/7/07 1:20pm
Msg #184118

Re: Well I do have a dog in this fight - Sue

** Also, please correct your mistakes, your spelling isn't attractive and lacks professionalism.** BINGO. You read my mind, Sue.

Hence my allusion to Maxine in a previous post.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 4/7/07 1:34pm
Msg #184119

And what's even worse

IF you are acting as a SS company and you ARE ONLY make $10-15 from each farmed out assignment YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM and definitely not a part of the solution. KNOCK IT OFF! You are actually WORSE than a low baller and I will be delighted to see you go.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/7/07 1:49pm
Msg #184120

I respect the Shoemakers and how they have helped all of us

All the other stuff aside, signing services should pay them for a signing service listing.
They are also in business to make money, and these agencies are stealing from them as well.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/7/07 1:55pm
Msg #184123

Me, too. Today TN, tomorrow my state & every other state. n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 4/7/07 2:36pm
Msg #184131

Me too. I've got SS down the road from me w/ a total of 4, yes 4, listings. The company has a listing along with three family members. I emailed Harry about it and he did nothing, but reply to my email stating that it was kosher. They were all free listings.

Rumor has it that this SS sent a family member out to do a signing and he showed up at the borrowers with a sub sandwich. The guy handed the borrowers the doc pkg. and said start signing I'm starving and started eating his sub at the borrowers table. Needles to say, the borrowers did not proceed with the closing and threw the guy out on his arse. We have some real winners in South Florida. Sheesh.

Reply by Ndwa on 4/7/07 7:25pm
Msg #184158

"Mighty low & lame" is all I can say on this topic.

Reply by BamaNSA on 8/30/07 2:10pm
Msg #208649

Doesn't pay their notaries; Closing Quest.

Have owed me money since April. It's now 2 days till Sept.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.