Notary Rotary
Message Deleted
Notary Discussion History

Message Deleted
Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by Christine Ortiz on 4/26/07 5:21pm
Msg #187225

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Reply by Stamper_WI on 4/26/07 6:47pm
Msg #187234

Re: "SIGNATURES PLUS" POLICE INVESTIGATION:PLEASE HELP

One way to tell if the loan funded is to go to the Register of deeds and check the mortgage. Your notarial certificat should be on it.

Reply by KJ/IA on 4/26/07 7:00pm
Msg #187239

Thanks, they owe me for 1 closing, I will gladly contact Mr. Jessup n/m

Reply by Christine Ortiz on 4/26/07 7:10pm
Msg #187241

That is great!!! We need to get him all the information we can concerning this company and non payment. Just the call from the Police will awaken her to the seriousness of her actions. Thank you for forwarding him the information. It will help us all a great deal! Aloha

Reply by Life Saving Services - Doug on 4/26/07 7:32pm
Msg #187244

I did not do business with them, but I would hope someone would point out to the good detective that a fraud happened anyway. I am sure no one took the notary on the understanding that if the loan did not fund they would not be paid. If anyone did accept on those terms it would be interesting to know....

Reply by Joan Robinson on 4/26/07 9:35pm
Msg #187268

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I don't know you and most of the people who are being screwed by Signatures Plus don't know you. I try my best to safeguard the borrower's privacy and handing over "as much identification information that I can provide" to an unknown party is something I wouldn't advise anyone to do.

Again, I aplaud your efforts, but please find another way that will safeguard the borrowers financial privacy. Maybe a sanitized confirmation showing order number and fee with a copy of the recorded Mortgage (public record)?

Joan-OH

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 4/26/07 10:42pm
Msg #187282

Joan is correct

Please do not give confidential borrower information to anyone, even the police. Your confirmation and the recorded mortgage (showing your seal) should suffice. Any other documents required can be obtained through a subpeona. What's more, once you've closed the loan, you should not retain ANY document with private/confidential Borrower information. In other words, you shouldn't have it to give Smile

That being said, good for you. I'm glad you've taken action against this deadbeat!

Reply by Christine Ortiz on 4/27/07 12:18am
Msg #187295

Re: Joan is correct

Point taken. Use your discretion of course, but give him information so they can locate your transaction.

Remember one important thing regarding confidential information: The owner of this company has ALL of this information at her fingertips. She has complete borrower information from the documents she sends to us.

I told the detective about my concern about her access to this information and what she could do with it as well. She can retain all the borrowers' information as long as she wants and imagine what could be done with this information in the wrong hands. That is a real concern of mine as well......
Aloha and mahalo

Reply by Christine Ortiz on 4/27/07 12:20am
Msg #187296

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Reply by David Kral on 4/27/07 1:52am
Msg #187299

SOX--Can we get someone to investigage SOX????? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.