Notary Rotary
Nations Direct
Notary Discussion History

Nations Direct
Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by pan/nd on 4/27/07 7:23pm
Msg #187519

Nations Direct

I'm sitting down to dinner. Phone rings. This is Zeke from Nations Direct.

My soup, turkey sandwich and corn-on-the-cob will have to wait.

They want me to go to a town 90 miles from here one way.

When?

Tonight

What time?

8 o'clock.

The dumb dodo. It's 6:30 when he called. I'd need to print docs and rent an airplane to get there by 8pm.

Well, what time could I get there by?

About 8:30 or 9?

How much.

$XXX

Boy, you sure want a lot of money.

You're right. I'll have to scuttle my plans for this evening...gas up the car..drive 180 miles round trip. And, you expect me to do that for less?

Well, I'll have to see if I can get that approved.

Yeah, right.

Good thing I like soup and corn-on-the cob cold.

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 4/27/07 7:38pm
Msg #187534

In Texas, we have a delightful dish called "caldo." It is Mexican beef stew, served with a side of rice and slice of lemon or lime. It can be distinguished from gringo soup or stew by the corn-on-the-cob that is >>in<< the caldo. The rice is generally added to the stew broth, which is not thickened; the rice serves to give it body. Delicious, especially when following a mango margarita.

And speaking of stew, I told my next-door neighbor yesterday that The Platinum Blonde makes wonderful snu.

"What's snu," he asked.

"Oh, not much," I replied. "What's new with you?"

I note that this morning he unleashed his Rottweiler to crap on my lawn.

Reply by Blueink_CA on 4/27/07 7:48pm
Msg #187543

Re: Ah yes, Nations Direct

They are a strange breed. They call me all the time. Most of the time I give them my fee, and they say if they get it approved they'll call me back. Sometimes they actually BEG me to accept $5 or $10 cheaper, Nope. And sometimes, not very frequent, they will not balk and send the confirmation for my stated fee. The only thing they have going for them is - they do pay.

Reply by christiSocal on 4/27/07 9:47pm
Msg #187593

Re: Ah yes, Nations Direct

They hadn't called me in a loooong time, but a couple days ago, they did. I didn't hear the whole name. (thought it was a different ss) He starts telling me "Hey we have a 1st and 2nd close to you, e-docs, anytime tomorrow evening". Great I'm free, Ok. "Oh and we pay 60$
WHAT? Who is this?! He seemed surprised at my reaction. I just laughed when he said, he'd call back if he could get it approved. Yeah right....

Reply by CARID on 4/28/07 3:56pm
Msg #187771

I had 2 calls this week. They asked me to drive 60 miles round trip for 45.00. I told them with gas prices and all other factors. It would not be worth it for me. I advised my fee was $xxx. They said like alway if I can get your fee approved I will give you a call back. Well no call back. They do however call and pay my fee when they get in a tight spot.

Reply by Tim_Mphs/TN on 4/29/07 2:25am
Msg #187845

Yeah, they called me for an end of month signing. I was already booked but thought I might be able to squeeze it in. I quoted my price, they countered with theirs, I stood firm. This nonsense about getting it approved and calling back is like the car salesman who wants to get it approved by the manager -- it is a sham. I have it in my notes for them "Too many fax backs. Too much hassle. Do NOT accept any low fees."

Even so, I have done a few signings for them over the years, when they did meet my fees. That's how I know how much hassle they are.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.