Notary Rotary
Unprofessional Fairway Lending, Brea, CA - Jason
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by Molly Richardson on 4/27/07 6:50pm
Msg #187496

When I am contacted, by a lender, to do a signing...I accept...they say yes...docs will be sent. I take that and run with it...I arrange my schedule accordingly. I am very professional, thorough, and want to ensure that once a signing is accepted that it is completed in a timely manner and done correctly. I had a lender, Fairway lending (Jason) contact me yesterday asking if I could do a signing in Cal City (1 hour from my home), a first, two borrowers, edocs. He wouldn't pay more than $150. I accepted the job with a bit of reluctance since I knew that it would be a four hour job with print, drive, signing, and FedEx time....and $150 was a little low for all that work. I never received the docs. I called the night before and left a detailed message of concern. I called again during business hours and left another message...with phone and email. I finally reached Jason, at the appointment time, and voiced my concern of not receiving a call-back. He stated that he found another signing agent. He felt that I sounded "too needy" and unprofessional. I informed him that I felt he was unprofessional for not informing me that he had utilized someone else. Had he contacted me, I would have been understanding but as it was I felt that he was the one who was not professional. I asked him how often did a notary call him to find out where docs were...he said they didn't. I used that platform to show him how I was serious about follow-thru and ensuring that my signings happen. I am not happy with this man nor his Company....for having someone like him representing them. That is not how you should do business... I ended the call letting him know that I am one he** of a notary and he just missed out on a wonderful notary relationship.

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/27/07 6:56pm
Msg #187501

"I never received the docs. I called the night before and left a detailed message of concern"

"He stated that he found another signing agent. He felt that I sounded "too needy" and unprofessional."

What exactly did you say in your "detailed message of concern" that led him to this conclusion? And how detailed did your message need to be? You were expecting docs, you didn't get them, isn't that pretty much the whole story?

Reply by Molly Richardson on 4/27/07 7:02pm
Msg #187507

My detailed message of concern was "I have not received confirmation nor edocs, as of yet, and it is 9pm for the signing that is tomorrow in Cal City...blah, blah, blah....please call me at...blah, blah, blah....so I can know the status of the signing." Fairly straight forward...follow through on my end....want to call borrower and print docs....ya' know?!

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/27/07 7:05pm
Msg #187509

Well that sounds pretty standard.

In this case I'd bet the rent money that "needy and unprofessional" translates into "we found someone to do it cheaper".

Reply by DebbieT on 4/27/07 7:10pm
Msg #187512

You read my mind. n/m

Reply by Molly Richardson on 4/27/07 7:11pm
Msg #187514

I actually mentioned that in the conversation with Jason...he stated he paid more. It really translates to a "whatever!"....I am upset that my day was arranged and he was thoughtless and unprofessional enough not to inform me of the change. I am upset because I don't have a "new" client. I really love getting new clients...as any notary does. I am upset...because I kind of am the type that "takes it personally". I also think I needed to vent with other notaries because my husband just doesn't get it..... So for what it is worth...thank you for reading/listening/understanding my frustration.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 4/27/07 7:25pm
Msg #187520

I'm sorry for your experience Molly but some SS just

consider notaries cattle to be shoved and pushed to the SS desires. I's be willing to be just found someone cheaper. In this market, oversaturated by the NNA and others there are just too many notaires of the slim slice of pie to be had and jerks like Jason prey on that. Good luck to you there other companies out there who are really good to deal with.

Reply by Molly Richardson on 4/27/07 7:37pm
Msg #187532

Thanks Charles Ca....for the kind words...much appreciated. n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 4/27/07 8:02pm
Msg #187550

Sorry 4 the spelling errors, my typing really stinks, Brenda

is my idol. I wish I could type half as fast as she does and as accurately. Now there is a wordsmith worth aspiring to!

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/27/07 8:09pm
Msg #187554

Re: Sorry 4 the spelling errors, my typing really stinks, Brenda

Real estate flavored legal assistants by trade either learn to type fast and accurately or they wind up as unemployed real estate legal assistants. However, thank you Charles for the kind words.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.