Notary Rotary
Who is responsible for this?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2007 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 4/18/07 4:03pm
Msg #185877

In many occasions O/N packages comes with only 1 copy or RTC, and I have to make copies (2per each borrower)but the problem is when they sent package to the borrower good thing I carry legal size blank paper and borrowers have a fax machine and we make copies there. Who will be responsible if sometime there is no way to make copies and borrower does not have a copy machince or fax and they end up with only one copy of RTC instead of 2per each borrower?

Thank you.

Reply by marlindog on 4/18/07 4:29pm
Msg #185880

Not me that's for sure. n/m

Reply by janCA on 4/18/07 5:14pm
Msg #185887

When this happens I always tell the borrower/s that if they should decide to rescind, be sure and make a copy for their records. If they don't have the equipment, then I suggest they find someone who does, Kinkos, local drug store, etc.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 4/18/07 5:41pm
Msg #185890

Yet another reason to think twice about taking assignments where the docs are sent to the BO.

Reply by Leon_CO on 4/18/07 7:09pm
Msg #185897

portable copier

>> Who will be responsible if sometime there is no way to make copies and borrower does not have a copy machince or fax and they end up with only one copy of RTC instead of 2per each borrower? <<
-------------------------------------

Canon PC 150. Makes copies of borrower's ID too.

Good luck.

Reply by kcg on 4/19/07 5:46am
Msg #185908

Re: portable copier

Just the question I have been pondering. Please let me know....how much did this run - weigh? Is it easy to haul around (in and out of someone's house)....how much maintainence? Is it ok to leave in car cold weather/hot weather. Where did you buy it?

I could have used one last night big time and so often these people have not stopped to get copies of their id's and this is something that every single company seems to want anymore.

TIA

Reply by Leon_CO on 4/19/07 6:33am
Msg #185910

Re: portable copier

Try Office Depot. You can get a full description from their website.

Good luck.

Reply by Barb/MO on 4/19/07 8:10am
Msg #185919

FWIW--discussion of portable copiers starting at Msg #171500 n/m

Reply by OR on 4/18/07 7:35pm
Msg #185899

Re: I have portable copy machine in my car n/m

Reply by Tim_Mphs/TN on 4/19/07 7:46pm
Msg #186046

If the docs are sent to me and IF I remember, I will check and make extras of the RTC. I just consider this a courtesy for my clients, a little bit of extra to make sure everything goes off okay.

If the docs are sent to the BOs, there is no opportunity for me to check or make extras so I figure the responsibility has passed to whoever sent the docs to the borrower (TC or SS or LO).

My personal opinion is that whoever sends the package, be it via edocs or overnight, is 100% responsible for making sure that everything is there, including extras of anything that requires extras. My practice, tho, is to check and make a few copies extra if needed to bring the docs up to what I would want.

What would you want done if you were the BO? Just apply the Golden Rule and look out for everyone and you will prosper. If you get too mercenary (they aren't paying me for these 2 extras pages and the 2 minutes it took to make the copies, so I will not do it), you can get into a tail-spin of negative feeling that makes this business into a chore. I ENJOY what I do, as frustrating as it gets sometimes, and it feels like I am writing myself a check almost every time I do a signing, so a bit of actual work in the process is not a big thing, IMHO.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.