Notary Rotary
Lost UPS Package
Notary Discussion History

Lost UPS Package
Go Back to August, 2007 Index

Posted by Grammy824/NC on 8/6/07 1:13pm
Msg #204136

Lost UPS Package

Anyone ever lose a UPS package? The loan was supposed to close today and now heads are rolling because the package is lost. UPS says it was not scanned and they will investigate but it will take from 8-10 days to find out anything. I left it at a UPS box for pick-up.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/6/07 1:17pm
Msg #204138

My best advice for this situation:

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you return to the drop box and look for the package.
Their are several instances I know of, where it was left (by accident) in the supplies area, rather than the drop itself. It happens, no offense.
Also, you might want to investigate yourself, by looking up the tracking information online.
There have been a couple of times when I have received calls that the package was MIA,
and I looked it up online, saw WHO had signed for it in their office, and it found it HAD been delivered, and misplaced in office.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/6/07 1:25pm
Msg #204140

Re: My best advice for this situation:

Ah, yes, several times I have received the call that wanted to know where the pkg was only to find that Susie Q signed for it already.
But, since not scanned, I would check the box and call UPS to find out why my pkg. no picked up at box on such and such date.
Several posts about this in the recent past - best to call for pu or get receipt from store. So sorry for your bad beginning this week.

Reply by LarryTN on 8/6/07 2:36pm
Msg #204147

When I was "green" I accidentally placed a set of DOCs in the supply slot of the Fedex box! I was so embarassed when I realized what had happened that I told the company I would forego my fees because it was my fault! I figured they would never use my services again, but thereafter I got all kinds of business from them!

It pays to be honest and we all make mistakes! If you have the tracking number you can track your package online yourself.

If the package isn't locatable, either you or they have misplaced the DOCs, or if it shows "delivered" in the system, someone has probably signed for it but not given it to the proper person.

Reply by Frenchie/TN on 8/6/07 2:52pm
Msg #204152

As was said a few days ago in this forum, all in all it is best to go to a FedEx or UPS store or affiliate (Postnet, PakMail, AIM mail center etc..) drop the package off and ask for a receipt. This covers you. Obviously this is not possible for everyone if one does not live close to a Store and home pick up is not always available depending where you live, then drop box and prayer is the only way to go. And BTW, drivers can loose packages too so ask UPS/Fedex driver to give you a receipt or make up your own for him/her to sign.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 8/6/07 4:49pm
Msg #204177

I have only had one issue in all the years I've been at this

and it was with a FedEx drop box. I always check the tracking number the evening I drop to be sure it's been scanned and this particular time it wasn't! I called FedEx, they sent out a driver to check the box and sure enough, there was my package. Now if Cali is reading this he'll calculate how much time I lose in one year doing this....hehehehehe.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/6/07 5:15pm
Msg #204186

Re: I have only had one issue in all the years I've been at

At 2 minutes per day, 5 days a week, you're spending 8.67 hours per year double checking that your docs were picked up. At $50 per hour, that's $433.50 per year to make sure that something that has gone right 99.99% of the time has gone right. Baaaaaaad business!

You're welcome Smile

Reply by SueW/Tn on 8/6/07 5:19pm
Msg #204187

TY Cali, you're one terrific bean counter! n/m

Reply by OR on 8/6/07 6:13pm
Msg #204205

Re: Never use a drop box... I have always

take my docs to the drop off center and have them scanned. I always get a receipt. I just tell the person that is working that I am required to get a receipt to take back to the office. Never have had any docs get lost. I do that at Fed Ex too. I will never use a drop box ever I have heard too many horror stories. Good Luck finding them I will say a prayer.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/6/07 8:29pm
Msg #204221

When necessary I use a drop box and have had no worries. I realize that it happens but not often enough to fret over.

Reply by JBarnes_NY on 8/6/07 8:34pm
Msg #204223

I just had this happen to me last week, and it was a purchase, ouch, the title co. is still trying to figure out what they want to do, I dropped the pkg in the UPS box, and it is gone, it was right at the County Hall, I went back asked around, looked around nothing, I am going to call UPS tomorrow, first time that ever happened to me and I have been doing this 7 years, and 95% of the time use drop boxes.

Reply by MichiganAl on 8/7/07 12:35am
Msg #204236

Every misplaced package I've had was from a UPS/FEDEX store

I use drop boxes except for last resorts. I got to know a UPS manager pretty well, he insisted that their drop box procedures were much more reliable than handing them to someone at a store (and my experience with them reflected that). But if you're willing to spend time standing in line and then wait for someone to scan it and give you a receipt then that certainly sounds secure. But for me, that's just not time efficient.

Reply by Gregory Land-Notary-closer on 8/7/07 8:34am
Msg #204256

Thanks for the advice about receipts. I havent experienced any problems with my local Fed ex store here in Pa but it's always better to be safe then sorry. I'll be asking for one from now on..................

Reply by RickinVA on 8/7/07 7:48am
Msg #204250

I don't recall if this was a UPS Package or a Fed Ex, but I usually use a drop box. This time, I dropped it at a private mail box business that contractas with both UPS & Fed Ex. The clerk took the package and went into the back, but I got no receipt. (Didn't ask for one, either) SS called me next day and asked when I was going to drop the package. I explained that I had dropped it the day before, in time for that days pick up. THe clerk apparently didn't put it where the driver would have picked it up, so it didn't make it. I called the business and asked about it, but no one remembered it or whether it made the pickup. I don't think I've been hired by that company since, but I ALWAYS use a drop box now. The closest company store is 50 miles away.

Rick

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.