Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
11th Hour signing, part 2, A notary asks nicely...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by docs1954CA on 10/19/07 4:03pm
Msg #217383

You just violated our policy and procedure by soliciting business to a client. I will send this to our company attorney. It clearly states in our policy and procedure that if you solicit business to our client, it will result in non-payment.

To: [e-mail address]
Cc: [e-mail address]; 'Paige Tiffany';

Hello Barbara. We were hired by Eleventh Hour Signings to complete the .....closing. We have not received payment as of yet. I have also left numerous messages and sent numerous emails and I am getting no response. Please assist me in collecting on this loan that we closed for your company. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reply by dickb/wi on 10/19/07 4:14pm
Msg #217385

the system will not let me reply to your post below so......

i'll do it here.......as for paiges letter my respose to her would be.."what bull s---" this is.......

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/19/07 4:18pm
Msg #217386

The only time a notary ever needs to go to the TC over payment issues is because the SS HAS NOT PAID THE NOTARY in a timely manner. Duh. If Paige doesn't want her notaries to contact her TC clients, then she needs to respond to phone calls and e-mails. Duh.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/19/07 4:20pm
Msg #217387

Actually, that last one should have been a double-duh!

Reply by docs1954CA on 10/19/07 4:32pm
Msg #217391

Exactly my point...The Notary gets tired of being ignored regarding the outstanding invoice.
No return phone call....
No response to e-mail
Reading negative remarks from other Notaries

Makes an honest request for payment from title....

Is this wrong? Are we to just say, well gee, I guess I'll have to eat this invoice...what the heck, I can afford it....I need to help this company stay in business, by not getting paid until they can "sort" out their legal and financial difficulties whenever that may be.

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/19/07 4:34pm
Msg #217393

All the while they are taking their paychecks home like clock work!!!

Reply by Phillip/TX on 10/19/07 4:35pm
Msg #217394

If Paige cannot stand the heat, maybe she needs to stay out of the kitchen!!! Maybe the laundry room is more fitting for her, but then there is heat from the dryer in there too!!!

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/19/07 6:03pm
Msg #217428

Not to mention

You didn't solicit business from a client, you asked for the client's assistance in collecting what's owed to you. Obviously this b!tch is looking for any excuse not to pay what she owes, no matter how "nice" she is, she's still a deadbeat, through and through.

Reply by ConnieK on 11/27/07 12:38am
Msg #223055

You are looking and reading from a real fool! I have 3 unpaid signings from Paige. Get SWEET, pleading flowery, I will pay promising e-mails. She was going to get a loan to pay now it is ..zero. Checked with Title Co they say my signing was paid. Paige says a large sum from a Title Co was withdrawn from them. Who would believe. Title co says."11th HR is a good company who pays their notaries" WE NEED TC TO BE PRINCIPAL PAYEE IF SS DOES NOT PAY. THIS AHOULD BE ADDED TO THE NOTARY PROFESSION. IF SS DOES NOT PAY DEFAULT IS TC. How many would say... sorry Charlie we still use the SS. Someting wrong with TC that needs straightening out!! EVERYONE CALL THE TC AND WE NEED A CONTRACT THAT IF SS DOESD NOT PAY, TITLE COMPANY MADE PRINCIPAL PAYEE. DO WE HAVE ANY REPRESENTATION HAT COULD SWING A LAW FOR NOTARIES--TO HOLD TC PRINCIPAL???

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/19/07 4:37pm
Msg #217396

Wasn't there an actress named Paige Tiffany or Tiffany Paige n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/19/07 4:45pm
Msg #217399

Re: Wasn't there an actress named Paige Tiffany or Tiffany Paige

Both!
There is a Tiffany Paige and a Paige Tiffany

Reply by docs1954CA on 10/19/07 4:50pm
Msg #217401

I'm not a lawyer,I don't pretend to be and I don't want to

Be one, but can't a contract be voided when payment is not made according to the terms? They can void yours for 50 different reasons...but when they don't meet their obligations, it doesn't count? I would consider that contract null and void. Unenforceable. Not worth the paper and toner you wasted printing it.

Reply by Therese on 10/19/07 4:53pm
Msg #217405

Re: I'm not a lawyer,I don't pretend to be and I don't want to

I was told by a para-legal that a non-compete clause wouldn't uphold in the State of
California for Independent contractors anyways. Anyone ever heard this before?

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/19/07 4:56pm
Msg #217407

Re: I'm not a lawyer,I don't pretend to be and I don't want

I would love to see a non-compete for an independent contractor stand up anywhere let alone court. That'll be the day....never gonna happen.

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 10/20/07 4:30am
Msg #217487

Whether a non compete clause ( aka a restrictive covenant) is enforceable often depends upon the state in which it is to be enforced. In Connecticut they are very enforceable. However, the court will construe the clause as narrowly as possible to effectuate enforcement. If the clause is reasonable with respect to (1) the conduct to be restricted, (2) the length of time the conduct is to be restricted and (3) the geographical area in which the conduct is to be restricted...the court will enforce the noncompete clause.

If the conduct to be restricted is not identical to the plaintiff's, the geographical area in which the conduct is to be restricted exceeds the plaintiff's marketing area or the length of time for the restriction is excessive...the court will not enforce the noncompete clause.

The plaintiff would normally initiate the case with a temporary restraining order to restrict the defendant between the time the case is filed until the plaintiff's motion for a temporary injunction is granted by the court. The temporary injunction would restrict the defendant between the time the motion is granted and judgment after trial. Usually the plaintiff would have to post a bond to compensate the defendant in the event that the plaintiff loses his case. If the plaintiff wins...the court will enforce the non compete clause through an injunction to the extent that all elements of the non compete clause are reasonable.

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 10/20/07 4:15am
Msg #217485

You would not want to make a contract void because then it becomes unenforceable. You would want to consider the contract breached in order to enforce performance by the other party to a contract. There is a difference between a contract termination/cancellation and a contract breach.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/19/07 4:52pm
Msg #217402

Didn't 11th Hour violate your policy and procedure by not paying you in a timely manner? I'd slap a $25 late fee on that invoice.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/19/07 4:53pm
Msg #217404

I'm sure Paige Tiffany (sounds like a stripper or a drag queen name to me) violated policy and procedure first by not paying you within the time period stated. Also, I can't see where you solicited Chase in your email at all. You were inquiring about payment and that's far from solicitation, IMO.

From what I understand, she used to run a good SS, too bad she overextended herself.

Reply by Therese on 10/19/07 4:54pm
Msg #217406

Well, there was the notrious Betty Paige

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/21/07 5:46pm
Msg #217566

"...too bad she overextended herself."

She claims a tc bounced a very large check to her and she is trying to play catch-up. That was a while back, though. Prior to that, I was always paid by her a decent fee in a timely fashion. That's one of the challenges of being a ss - or any self-emplyment, for that matter. One large set-back like that can be very hard to overcome, as many on this board know.

Reply by ZeeCA on 10/19/07 5:51pm
Msg #217426

I would not only slap the $25 late fee but MONTHLY interest fees to carry her

jmo...........

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/19/07 6:32pm
Msg #217445

I thought you had to wait 90 days before you could start charging interest? I don't know for sure - just seems to be what happens with medical bills when the full balance is not paid by insurance.

Reply by ZeeCA on 10/19/07 7:24pm
Msg #217450

she said she would be paying by next year... def 90 days+ n/m

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/19/07 11:07pm
Msg #217479

11th Hour embarrasses themselves with this

Sounds like a bad "who's on first routine." They don't pay you, you ask the t.c. for assistance, so they insist they don't have to pay you now. Sweet! Catch 22 if I've ever heard one (Don't tell SOX about this new loophole). But let's give it a week before someone posts a question asking if anyone has heard of 11th hour.

Tiffany Paige or Paige Tiffany or Barbie or whatever her name is needs to figure out the obvious difference between soliciting business and soliciting payment for services already performed and owed. As far as the "I'm going to send this to our attorney" line, that takes some nerve to stiff someone on payment and then threaten THEM with legal action. Um, er, allegedly...and I'm not an attorney blah blah...and this is only my opinion, etcetera, etcetera...

Reply by OR on 10/20/07 11:40am
Msg #217504

Re: But they can afford $300/$600 an hour Attorny but

cant afford to pay a their Notaries? So they can keep your income and still yell breach of contract because you called the Loan or title company. They want to say you are taking there their income from these company. IMO I think that 11th Hour did not do the job they were hired for and if they get fired then they get fired. If you get hired and I hope you do in their place then that is their own dam fault. I would tell them to please please take me to court you would love to tell a judge how may other people they have screwed out of their pay. I would collect Names of everyone I could get. Good luck

Reply by ConnieK on 11/27/07 12:48am
Msg #223056

Re: But they can afford $300/$600 an hour Attorny but

Paige says they have attorney relatives! Lets all call TC's and all send a Invoice to TC's. How can it hurt? I have no contract and the breach of contract was non payment!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.