1 TOUCH CLOSINGS -Does anyone have any dealings with this co
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Joseph Miller on 10/18/07 10:34pm
Msg #217237

Hello fellow notary signign agents,

Does anyone out there ever done any business with this compnay 1 Touch Closings Corporation.

Owned by Tommy Pagan

1 Touch Closings Corp.

4381 SW 10th Place # 305

Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

954-481-8957 Office

561-400-1332 Cell

561-431-8422 E-Fax

Has he ever paid anyone for any work they have done?

I just received a response from him when I sent any inquiry in on a signing I did back In JULY!

He now comes back and says his client received a call from th e borrower the day after I did the closing and said I couldnt explain any of the documents and that I told her it must be something they use in Florida that I wasnt familiar with it. If I didnt know and she asked I would have called.

This so called Owner of this signing company tells me he cant Pay me after all this time now I find out the borrower had a complaint, why didnt he call me when it took place 3 months ago when I could have better recall.

I performed the duties I was assigned printed edocs and made the trip and did the closing and it was not rescinded and NOW Im not getting Paid.

What can be done about low life signing companies like this that treat signing agetns like they are scum and decide not to pay for services performed. I know its only $100 but it is the principle.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE NOT REPUTIBLE AND DONT PAY!

Joe/NC

Reply by pan/nd on 10/18/07 10:58pm
Msg #217238

You're not supposed to explain any of the documents. That could be considered unlicensed practice of law (UPL) in some states.

I only have your side to go on.

But if things are as you say ...then Tommy has some explaining to do.

So the borrower had a complaint(s).

It might be valid..it might not be.

Did Tommy investigate?

Obviously, he didn't have any intention of calling you about the matter.

And he may have been looking for any excuse not to pay you.

Now, after 3 months and the sub-prime mortgage mess, he's probably broke and can't pay you or anybody else.

I'm sure Tommy has his side of the story..and it probably isn't good where you're concerned.

Reply by Joseph Miller on 10/18/07 11:07pm
Msg #217239

Funny Thing Though when I spoke to Tommy on August 20 I was told the check was going out that week, Nothing about a complaint HMMM!

This Guy is a crook and needs to be run out of this business.

Joe/NC

Reply by Victoria 1 Touch Closings, Corp on 12/6/07 2:52pm
Msg #224713

Tommy did speak with you regarding this complaint as I performed and handled this file completely and advised him of the situation. Due to you not being properly informed of the situation, he approved partial payment instead of the non-payment entered into our system in compliance with our GUIDELINES.

Reply by Victoria 1 Touch Closings, Corp on 1/17/08 2:44pm
Msg #231078

We have sent our client's email to you regarding this situation. I apologize you were not properly informed on your first conversation with him. Thank you.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/19/07 5:41am
Msg #217248

I don't buy this. If Tommy had a problem with you that would affect whether or not you got paid on the deal, he would have and should have contacted you immediately after the signing. I think he's blowing smoke. Additionally, if you went out there, printed e-docs, completed the signing, sent the docs back, then you are owed the $100. Period.

If it were me I would contact the TC to confirm the file closed, and then take that opportunity to ask if there were any problems or complaints about you. When you find out there weren't, contact 1-Touch with a very stern demand letter.

Reply by Ocean Pacific Notary Services, Inc. on 10/19/07 9:51am
Msg #217278

I agree with you. We had a nightmare loan closing with a notary who should NOT do loan closings, but we paid her since she printed docs and did do the loan signing. The Title Co and Lender have since banned her, and so have we, but she still conducted the signing and the loan closed. We sent her a check - and we waived our fee to the lender, so these funds came out of out pocket. This signing company must have serious cash flow issues. Did you check to see if the loan closed?

gina

Reply by janCA on 10/19/07 10:57am
Msg #217291

Re: 1 TOUCH CLOSINGS -Does anyone have any dealings with thi

I will be filing a small claims order with this company if I am not paid by the end of the month. I have been in contact with "David" who says he is no longer affiliated with 1 Touch Closings and hasn't been for months. His name is also on the confirmation so I am filing against him and Tommy both. David is involved in another business which just also happens to be the same address as 1 Touch Closings. The signing was completed on the 19th of July. I have e-mailed and left voice messages for Tommy and I have gotten no responses. I found David's e-mail address on another forum and he responded the same day.

Reply by Victoria 1 Touch Closings, Corp on 12/6/07 3:00pm
Msg #224719

In this instance and in accordance with out Guidelines, Joseph was not due to be paid for this closing because he did not call us with the questions the borrower had during closing. The borrower in turn called our client, explained the situation, and our client in turn informed us. Our client had to explain the package to the borrower, when this is not to be done after closing, but at closing, if the borrower has any question at that time. Due to Joseph not being properly informed of this, due to managerial and ownership issues that have since been corrected with our company, our current owner issued partial payment for this signing. We are not having "cash flow issues" but at one point in time had a managerial issue in our Billing Department regarding proper record keeping of invoices. As previously stated, this has since been corrected and our Billing Department is now in order.

Reply by Victoria 1 Touch Closings, Corp on 12/6/07 2:47pm
Msg #224710

Joseph,
I apologize for the delay in your payment as this was due to a managerial and ownership issue that has since been corrected. Unfortunately, due to the notations that our client provided us after this closing was performed, you were not to be paid on this closing. You were instructed if there were any questions at closing from the borrower to call our office so that we may instruct you to call our client or the loan officer so these questions may be answered properly. This was not done and this is stated in our Guidelines that are signed and faxed back to us prior to closing. We do pay our notaries in a timely manner and due to you not being properly informed of the situation, we issued partial payment to you. I apologize that you were not informed of the situation sooner.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.