Notary Rotary
21 docs to notarize in one package
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by MichiganAl on 10/31/07 10:45pm
Msg #219151

14 from the title company, all with info to fill out. Good grief, what are thinking? When I see stuff like that, I can't help but think that some middle management wannabe is trying to justify their existence by creating this pile of garbage. I bet they were so proud, "look everyone, I just added 27 more general, repetitive, worthless docs to our title package. Now our closings will take three hours. Then we're going to require them all to be faxed back. Man, I deserve a raise!" Unreal.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/1/07 5:37am
Msg #219163

"21 docs to notarize in one package"

Hmmmm...did you move to Texas, Al? That sounds about right.

All kidding aside, your thinking on "but WHY?" seems accurate.

Reply by SReis on 11/1/07 6:30am
Msg #219166

I was just saying this same thing the other day. Why can one co. have 50-60 pgs & about 2-3 notarizations, where another co. w/same type of loan has 120-150 pgs w/countless notarizations. Makes no sense to me. I esp love it when the BO says "Do you know how many trees you must have killed for this." (and pls lets not get into a debate on using paper that has been recycled).

Reply by MichiganAl on 11/1/07 11:13am
Msg #219227

Everything's bigger in Texas, even loan packages

Sure enough, the title company is from Texas. I think y'all are wearing your cowboy hats too tightly.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/1/07 5:20pm
Msg #219337

Re: Everything's bigger in Texas, even loan packages

My reaction, too. Plus, one co I do purchases for from time to time has a sheet where we need to list all the documents we notarized - all of which seem to have verrrrrry long titles. So I'm writing the name of the doc in my journal (2x with 2 BOs), again on the certificates (which I nearly always replace) then again on that sheet - and some have a separate page for each borrower. Talk about writer's cramp -- and taking forever!!! I feel your pain... Wink

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/1/07 6:37am
Msg #219167

Yeah, I hate when I get those excessive notarizations - I've even had a couple where they want signatures notarized on the doc that tells TC if borrower wants their cash-out money wired, mailed, or overnighted to them. Ridiculous!

Reply by sue_pa on 11/1/07 7:20am
Msg #219169

that's normal for the loans I do n/m

Reply by Dawn/PA on 11/1/07 7:37am
Msg #219172

sounds about average n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/1/07 8:16am
Msg #219176

I usually have around 3 - 8 notarizations per package n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.