Notary Rotary
AMERICAN FREEDOM ASSURANCE...ALERT
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Loretta Reed on 10/5/07 10:22am
Msg #214969

Just called them, the person that answered the phone said I had the wrong number.
Called back and told her that I didn't have the wrong number. I told her that I received 2 recordings from them to take to the courthouse and she told me that they were not in business and had no other information about them.

THEY SUCK!!! and they owe me money.

Reply by cassiewi on 10/5/07 10:31am
Msg #214977

Re: AMERICAN FREEDOM ASSURANCE.....WOW

They called me and asked about signing up with them. I directed her to this site and said there were some people who had bad experiences. She said she let management know. Glad I didn't send them my information now.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/5/07 10:39am
Msg #214985

Re: AMERICAN FREEDOM ASSURANCE.....WOW

I was contacted just yesterday for a phone interview and was sent a sign-up request. Really liked the gal who called me. After checking their rep on NotRot I e-mailed back and said I would be unable to sign up with AFA at this time, due to its poor payment history within the notary community. I got a response that said, "I’m sorry that you feel that way…Thanks for your time and good luck to you." Seem like very nice people, but unfortunately nice doesn't pay the bills.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/5/07 10:38am
Msg #214984

Re: NEVERMIND......THEY HAD THE WRONG NUMBER ON THEIR

recording docs. someone answered at another number as AFA.

Reply by Traci/MD on 10/5/07 11:15am
Msg #215026

Loretta, looks like our new business is collections. n/m

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/5/07 11:17am
Msg #215029

Re: Loretta, looks like our new business is collections.

I found their correct number but I can't get a return call to save my life. What is wrong with these people. Haven't they looked at my profile and seen that 300 pound bodybuilder I live with? j/k Smile

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 10/5/07 11:19am
Msg #215031

With these problem companies why tell them put you on the Hud for payment upon disbursement as a condition of your accepting work from them. That way the disbursement ahgent pays you rather than the slow pay/no pay company.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/5/07 11:31am
Msg #215043

Are there lenders that won't let you (signing agent) be on the hud with your fees? I heard someone say that before.

Reply by aatatusko on 10/5/07 11:52am
Msg #215056

I spoke w/someone from AFA, she agreed that that notary should be put on the hud.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/9/07 7:13pm
Msg #215656

I re-contacted AFA and asked if they could put me on the HUD, in which case I would be happy to sign up with them as requested. After checking on it, Robin told me that AFA cannot (will not?) do that. Oh well, so I didn't sign up.

Reply by American Freedom Assurance - Alexander Goodman on 1/14/08 12:07pm
Msg #230490

I am the Vendor Manager for AFA Title, Inc, American Freedom Assurance. I am constantly logging into these types of websites to read the disgruntled or appreciative and professional responses to my company.

I am well aware of the complaints, not just my company, but hundreds of other title companies out there that are getting hits online about their billing cycles, agents not getting paid on time, etc.

If you are a Closer or an Abstractor, you should read my next statement:

I am here to work with anyone and everyone's concerns with AFA. I reply to emails, call back from voicemails, and spend the time and attention to resolve all problems. No matter if the financial problem is a small amount or a large amount. You can call me and email anytime, because I want to have servicing ran smoothly without getting bashed online, which prevents me from acquiring new vendors.

What I will not assist in is the catering to vendors, whom of which are getting paid by my company and not the other way around, and following their rules and stubborn intricacies because they "are the only closer/abstractor in the area" , they "have been doing [closings/title searching] for 30 some years and this is how they do it", other title companies this, other companies that" etc., etc.

I am spending the time to afford them business, not the other way around. I am professional in all of my communication and negotiations. I expect the same in return, without demands or threats. Pay is always the issue. Send your invoices like a responsible adult at the dates I specify, make me copies and send them to me as well, do so in a professional manner. If vendors cannot take the time to ensure that they are putting forth the effort to make sure they are following the payment guidelines, then I cannot help them further as well.

Like I have written above: Call me, Email me, I will get you paid and on time, as long as you follow our directions and not vice-versa. If a vendor cannot follow this, then wait for another title company to call you up for business, since the market is so great right now, and you are not in need of income, etc.

This is a reply for all of those vendors that have nothing better to do than be rude and unprofessional, and have the time to criticize and not make efforts to do business efficiently when there is a professional working 10-12 hours a day working with the 99% of other vendors whom aren't complaining as these ones are. That should tell some of you hwom are reading this that AFA, Inc, American Freedom Assurance is not such a horrible company if the other 1,000 vendors in 25 states that I am doing business aren't on these sites wasting time bashing when they could be title searching, closing loans, or calling me up to find out how to invoice correctly.

I appreciate all new Vendors for AFA taking the time to read this, because it shows 2 things: I care and I am honest....and a third one is that I cannot go online and bash eveyr abstractor and closer that messes up loans and title search reports because I am too busy working on changing the climate of the market by doing my part as a responsible professional in the Title Business.

Good Day to you all.

Alexander S. Goodman
American Freedom Assurance, Inc.

610-640-2060
610-640-2041 fax
[e-mail address]

Reply by American Freedom Assurance - Alexander Goodman on 1/23/08 5:46pm
Msg #232065

for those unhappy

I hope that you had a chance to read my comments in reply to your and anyone else’s comments about American Freedom Assurance on Notary Rotary. I want you to know, and I will afford the same to any other vendor in this industry, that I will reply to any and every posting that you and any other unhappy person may have against AFA Title. I will answer all emails, and pick up all phone calls and speak with any person whom has a grudge and the “Free Time” to post negative comments, when they could be resolving issues, like late/missed payment, with me as Vendor Supervisor. I

I’d rather be doing business with you and others alike, instead of protecting the tarnished reputation, and rebuilding to accommodate and expand business to provide work and opportunity to more mobile notaries whom are losing because of the collapse of the industry.

Too much time is wasted criticizing and telling companies that they “Suck” (immature wording, even for a notary) when there are people like myself that take their profession serious in a forum where adults catch feelings too quickly and can’t pick themselves up and respond with diligence and work with the companies. Too many vendors want to immediately complain about a missed payment, when it could have been their mistake to not read and understand the payment processes of companies like mine that are not lying to their notaries and giving 60-90 day billing cycles. Push. Call. There is no fear and pride lost to get to the person whom can help you correct something so small and easy as getting a check cut.

I implore you to, as much as I see your name and email upon various notary websites, and I do check as many as possible because I care about what I do and how this industry affects you all (look at the time I am spending, or “Wasting” in the eyes of other) please work with and follow up with professionals like myself whom are here to stop what we are doing to help correct the situation so that we can maintain business relationships with vendors such as yourself---I see your experience, the time it takes to market yourself, and how professional you want to be! But when I read multiple blogs with such immaturity and haste to generalize, I feel confused.

Bottom Line: give those other title companies a chance to redeem themselves whom have workhorses like myself and lets meet eye to eye and help each other out. Out of all of the negative posts less than 1% of the total notaries that I have gathered and set up in my Database, over the wide range of states that I have opened up for AFA have had trouble with the billing cycyle and working with me to get payments taken care.

I do apologize for how you were treated before, but a new Sheriff is and has been in town, and as long as you come correct, educated, and respectful we will come to an understanding that we can do business, or that we cannot. And if we cannot for whatever reasons, at least its in respective and professional terms and not immature “taking it out in the blogs” terms that doesn’t make either us look like successful adults.

Take care, and I do hope that you are successful, but please do not discredit yourself or my company anymore for I believe that we both have come around and have become better in our relationships and profession.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Alex Goodman
Vendor Supervisor
American Freedom Assurance, Inc.
1205 Westlakes Drive
Suite 250
Berwyn, PA 19312
Phone (610) 640-2060
Fax (610) 640-2041
Email [e-mail address]

Reply by Stephen DePenna on 1/24/08 12:50pm
Msg #232176

Seeing the negative and unprofessional listings on here have disturbed me so the other day when I was at AFA picking up a package, I asked questions about some of the entries.

From what I can tell, it seems that some people are listing info on the forum but I think they are talking about another company with either the same name or a similar name because I discover that they have not done any closings in the following states yet...VA, OH, VT, MN, WI, IN, FL, AR. They are currently recruiting in almost every state for vendors as they are going into new states. To those that they have been calling all I can say is I have never had a problem with payment. I personally think you should give them a try at least, especially with the way the industry is currently. They are a very big part of my total income.

Someone also mentioned that they owed money to a signing agency that they worked for. I do not think this is the same company as well because they have never used signing agencies because the service level is not the same as an independent signer.

If you think you are owed money for services I would suggest you send them and invoice in an effort to get paid. Writing comments like "they suck" is not helping you to get paid and as well is not true

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.