Acxiom and FiServ
Notary Discussion History

Acxiom and FiServ
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Tannis Zamora on 10/31/07 12:02pm
Msg #219016

Acxiom and FiServ

Good morning everybody,

I posted a while back about Fi Serv telling me I had to have a BGC before I could work for them anymore. I was instructed to go to their website and pay the $23 fee and Acxiom would do the background check.

I use an EIN NOT my SS number. I filled out the paperwork that way. Vincent Lapenta emailed and told me that Acxiom was having a problem with my BGC. I emailed the person and was told that they couldn't complete the check because of an issue with my SS number. I told her that I use an EIN. Well they were sorry but I have to go back and pay the fee again and use my SS before then can complete the BGC.

Any thoughts?

tannis zamora TN

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/31/07 12:21pm
Msg #219021

Well, the reason you get an EIN is so they can't track you. Not much good when that's the intention of a BGC. I'd say 'negotiate like crazy'.

Reply by Tannis Zamora on 10/31/07 1:47pm
Msg #219042

I thought that the EIN was tied to my Social Security number but a safe way of giving the number out.

That is what I was told when I got the EIN.

Thank you for replying.

tannis zamora TN

Reply by PAW on 10/31/07 2:21pm
Msg #219058

That is true, for tax purposes. The IRS issues EINs for the purpose of reporting taxes as a business. The IRS can tie the EIN to your SSN when you file your personal tax return. No one else can make that connection.

Credit reporting, criminal investigations, etc. are tied to an **individual** by their SSN, not to a business.

Reply by Tannis Zamora on 10/31/07 2:33pm
Msg #219062

Thank you Paul. Mia culpa. I should have done better research on the EIN purpose.

That is what is so neat about this site. Always someone who helps.

tannis zamora TN

Reply by madhatter on 8/28/08 6:24pm
Msg #262384

I was just asked for a background check from Acxiom for a signing company (they are the only one that requested one) and googled Acxiom and found that they have been hacked in the past which makes me nervous if they have all my info. A friend of mine is a teacher and was asked by this signing company to go thru Acxiom for a background check and she said that she had a certificate from another company as she has to have one to be a teacher and they would not accept it - they wanted her to go thru their company. Sounds fishy to me -- Anyone with a clear thought on this?????

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 10/31/07 12:28pm
Msg #219024

I was able to get a bgc for free from LexisNexis. Call 877-913-6245 and ask for Margie Silva.

Reply by Tannis Zamora on 10/31/07 1:45pm
Msg #219041

Thank you for response. I have a Lexus/Nexus BCG. It wasn't acceptable to Vincent Lapenta. Neither was a BGC from Harry at Notary Rotary. They insisted on one from the NNA or pay them.

But I appreciate the number. I hope that the information might help others.

tannis zamora TN

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/31/07 1:54pm
Msg #219047

Really!?!?!??!???

So, does that mean that if we want their work we HAVE to go thru NNA or pay? The only bgc I have is the one done by State of California for my commission. To be in compliance (and keep getting work), do I rreeaallyy have to go thru NNA? I was just going to contact Lexis-Nexis. To date, no one has asked me for it .... TIA

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/31/07 2:02pm
Msg #219051

Re: Really!?!?!??!???

No, Yoli. Just a few (low-paying) companies are this ________ (fill in the blank)
Choices: stupid anal have deal with NNA other

Reply by Tannis Zamora on 10/31/07 2:23pm
Msg #219059

Hi Yoli,

Yes really. Our own Harry even contacted Vincent Lapenta regarding the bckground check and he basically told Harry he wasn't interested.

I have a Lexus/Nexus BGC. I would have gotten one from Harry here at NotaryRotary rather then pay NNA or FiSERV directly.

I asked Mr. Lapenta what the reasoning was because if EVERY TC or SS wanted "their own" it would not be feasible for any NSA to work. He responded with "that is why the NNA is the way to go. Everybody accepted the NNA BGC. " He went on to say something about Fi Serv works with Fortune 500 companies and their interests must be protected.

I have worked for Fi SERV for a little over 3 years. I don't work for less then $100 in my own zip code and the fee goes up from there. They meet my fees and all docs are overnighted. So that is why I went to this trouble.

I hate IRS junk and so I neglected to really look into the EIN purpose. I was told that the EIN was a way of protecting my SS number being given out via electronically and papertrails. I had no idea that a BGC couldn't be ocmpleted using the EIN.

Good luck

tannis zamora TN

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 10/31/07 2:36pm
Msg #219064

I've only had one company make me get one, and ironically, they're my lowest paying client. Most places don't require them from CA notaries b/c duh, we have to get one anyway to get a commission.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/31/07 2:59pm
Msg #219074

Exactly! That's precisely why it did NOT make sense to me when all the hub-bub started about bgc's for everyone.

Reply by Julie/MI on 10/31/07 1:13pm
Msg #219032

I think it's a no brainer that EIN's have nothing to do with the individual.

I would have given my SS not ein Number. Sorry, I think you should have supplied the social security number.

I mean if you were coming to my home for my equity loan, and I wanted to run you through my state's online sex preditor/felon list, I certainly couldn't obtain that info from a company name, I would need your real name.

Reply by Tannis Zamora on 10/31/07 1:49pm
Msg #219043

Thank you for replying. As I stated above, I thought that the EIN was connected to my SS number. A safe way to give a number without my SS being available to be stolen via electronics or papertrails.

I will proceed accordingly.

tannis zamora TN

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 10/31/07 6:13pm
Msg #219123

Even if you gave them your EIN instead of your SS why cant you just give them the info they need and they proceed with the BRC it seem like a scam asking you to pay twice for something they didn't complete in the first place .

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.