Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Although many of us have been burned by signing services...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Felise Garcia on 10/25/07 2:28pm
Msg #218286

The good news is that many of them are going out of business and many of the larger title companies are no longer using them and compiling their own databases. That's what I'm being told. Signing services are becoming a last resort rather than a valued service. It's a lot of work to get on their lists (the title companies in different states)...but it's the way to go. Cut out the middle man and make all the profit!

Reply by Negrete on 10/25/07 3:43pm
Msg #218292

I must say Felise that not all TC are going to go the route you are talking about. Yes, you are going to find some that will compile a list of NSA to use. Not all TC want to pay an employee to sit there and call NSA all day long.

I know that I am the middle man, but there will always be a need for us. Most people do not like the middle man, but again there will always be a need for us.

Anthony J Negrete

Reply by Negrete on 10/25/07 3:44pm
Msg #218295

Oh ya, one more thing. I have NEVER burned a notary for payment.

Anthony J Negrete

Reply by Ernest__CT on 10/25/07 8:50pm
Msg #218327

Tony Negrete is THE BEST! n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/25/07 4:33pm
Msg #218300

Tony
I agree. There will always be a need for us. (But don't forget that for years there have been postings on various boards saying that there will be no need for signing services, that TC's are calling direct - and 10 years down the road there will be the same posts)

I also have never burned a signing agent.

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 10/26/07 9:22am
Msg #218402

Sylvia not only doesn't burn notaries,

but I've received more than my contracted fee from her when additional services were required by title. Smile

Reply by Alice/MD on 10/25/07 3:44pm
Msg #218294

I am getting more calls from Title Companies and less from Signing services. I am also getting my fee. I will be glad to get rid of the middle man.

Reply by SShoreDude on 10/25/07 4:05pm
Msg #218298

Anthony,

YOu are one of the good ones, but I do hope the trend is for the Title companies to do thier own calling. Hopefully, this website will be a resourse for making it easier for title companies to locate thier own workers.

Reply by Merry_CA on 10/25/07 4:37pm
Msg #218302

Yes Alice, more Title Companies are hiring the NSA. They know what is a resonable fee and are willing to pay it. It don't think they will have to make very many calls if they are meeting the NSA's fee.

Reply by Felise Garcia on 10/25/07 4:55pm
Msg #218306

My appologies to any Signing Services who are reputable and do pay notaries. I imagine if that's you, you'll stay in business. But when, as a notary, you're contracted to do what you're told is a "very small package with only a few signatures" for $50, it's infuriating to get there and find out there are 12 pages of notary signatures (x2 people) AIV forms and a full loan package...oh and then the HUD shows the signing service is getting $200. Or when you have done the work and phone call after phone call, you just don't get paid...you can see where it can be unnerving. These are some of the experiences I've had with signing services in the past year. But, not all of them are like that. Anyway it's a free market out there so good luck to everyone!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.