Notary Rotary
American Freedom Assurance
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by LisaWI on 10/2/07 12:08pm
Msg #214239

Is there any recent info on this company? Are they timely with their payments?

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/2/07 12:16pm
Msg #214247

If they are in PA, I can't get them to pay for July or August invoices.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/2/07 12:17pm
Msg #214248

Click on the orange "search" button and put their name in n/m

Reply by LisaWI on 10/2/07 12:25pm
Msg #214253

Re: I did Loretta.....

Not enough to go on. But with your info there is a better picture of the company. Yes, they are in PA. Our network is being called by them and were trying to make sure we dont turn down work, but on the other hand, you just never know. Thanx for the heads up and maybe others will post.

Reply by bfd110_IN on 10/2/07 3:03pm
Msg #214303

58 days for payment. Closed in June paid end of Aug n/m

Reply by cassiewi on 10/2/07 3:17pm
Msg #214307

That is too long....

I sent an email asking about their history, as I was one who was contacted today. Haven't received an email back. That's not a good sign either....

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/2/07 5:32pm
Msg #214327

Re: 58 days for payment. Closed in June paid end of Aug

That's great that you got paid. I am still waiting for July and August payment and another notary in my area is waiting too. What I want to know is who decides who has the invoice that is more important to get paid and who do I bribe to get on that list Smile

Reply by LisaWI on 10/2/07 6:50pm
Msg #214343

Re: Well, for what its worth......

I think they have been pretty much blacklisted with our network. Ive been noticing a small change in attitudes in some companies in regards to payments when they get turned down enough.
I think the secret is to get the word out to as many as possible about their bad payment history and the rest just falls in line.
Just my thoughts on this.

Reply by American Freedom Assurance - Alexander Goodman on 1/15/08 3:57pm
Msg #230727

I am the Vendor Manager for AFA Title, Inc, American Freedom Assurance. I am constantly logging into these types of websites to read the disgruntled or appreciative and professional responses to my company.

I am well aware of the complaints, not just my company, but hundreds of other title companies out there that are getting hits online about their billing cycles, agents not getting paid on time, etc.

If you are a Closer or an Abstractor, you should read my next statement:

I am here to work with anyone and everyone's concerns with AFA. I reply to emails, call back from voicemails, and spend the time and attention to resolve all problems. No matter if the financial problem is a small amount or a large amount. You can call me and email anytime, because I want to have servicing ran smoothly without getting bashed online, which prevents me from acquiring new vendors.

What I will not assist in is the catering to vendors, whom of which are getting paid by my company and not the other way around, and following their rules and stubborn intricacies because they "are the only closer/abstractor in the area" , they "have been doing [closings/title searching] for 30 some years and this is how they do it", other title companies this, other companies that" etc., etc.

I am spending the time to afford them business, not the other way around. I am professional in all of my communication and negotiations. I expect the same in return, without demands or threats. Pay is always the issue. Send your invoices like a responsible adult at the dates I specify, make me copies and send them to me as well, do so in a professional manner. If vendors cannot take the time to ensure that they are putting forth the effort to make sure they are following the payment guidelines, then I cannot help them further as well.

Like I have written above: Call me, Email me, I will get you paid and on time, as long as you follow our directions and not vice-versa. If a vendor cannot follow this, then wait for another title company to call you up for business, since the market is so great right now, and you are not in need of income, etc.

This is a reply for all of those vendors that have nothing better to do than be rude and unprofessional, and have the time to criticize and not make efforts to do business efficiently when there is a professional working 10-12 hours a day working with the 99% of other vendors whom aren't complaining as these ones are. That should tell some of you hwom are reading this that AFA, Inc, American Freedom Assurance is not such a horrible company if the other 1,000 vendors in 25 states that I am doing business aren't on these sites wasting time bashing when they could be title searching, closing loans, or calling me up to find out how to invoice correctly.

I appreciate all new Vendors for AFA taking the time to read this, because it shows 2 things: I care and I am honest....and a third one is that I cannot go online and bash eveyr abstractor and closer that messes up loans and title search reports because I am too busy working on changing the climate of the market by doing my part as a responsible professional in the Title Business.

Good Day to you all.

Alexander S. Goodman
American Freedom Assurance, Inc.

610-640-2060
610-640-2041 fax
[e-mail address]

Reply by Stephen DePenna on 1/24/08 12:50pm
Msg #232177

Re: American Freedom Assurance n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.