Notary Rotary
Anyone in the San Diego - Ramona area
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Kate/CA on 10/22/07 1:44am
Msg #217601

Just wondering if the news is telling what is happening there? I have a house with my daughter down there. She and her family is in the process of evacuating and trying to get out of town. I'm very concerned, I last spoke to her they were trying to get out on the road from there side street, so many cars. The streets are so packed the traffic isn't moving.

Reply by Tony_FL on 10/22/07 7:25am
Msg #217604

Wildfires

Thousands of Southern California homes could be at risk in coming days as powerful Santa Ana winds continue to stoke wildfires, fire officials said. Blazes on Sunday scorched thousands of acres from the Mexican border to Santa Barbara County, destroyed at least 39 homes and other buildings and killed at least one person.

(According to Google News) http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/la-me-earlyfire23oct23,1,2519466.story

Reply by LJ on 10/22/07 7:28am
Msg #217605

My thoughts and prayers are with all. n/m

Reply by Barb/MO on 10/22/07 8:50am
Msg #217613

Mine, as well. n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/22/07 9:28am
Msg #217625

More prayers for everyone affected and their families. n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/22/07 10:55am
Msg #217640

My Grandparents live in Ramona. I spoke with them last night at about 9pm and told them to GET OUT! They were waiting for an evacuation order, but I convinced them to leave. My Grandmother just had half her lung removed and does not need to be breathing all that smoke. I just got off the phone with them and they are heading to Coronado. Grandpa said it was a good thing they left when they did because shortly after they left the evacuation order was announced and the roads were terrible. This is so very scary.

Reply by LJ on 10/22/07 11:27am
Msg #217653

I'm so sorry Becca. Has to be so scary for everyone. n/m

Reply by Kate/CA on 10/22/07 3:17pm
Msg #217685

My daughter and family evacuated about 9:00pm Sunday night and it took till after 1:00am to get to the RB Hotel in RB. That was only about a 20 mile drive. They were again evacuated n at 8:00am this morning. She is now heading up to Orandge county where they have an apartment her husband uses during the week.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 10/22/07 12:36pm
Msg #217660

We've evacuated earlier this morning (suggested evac), my brother was evacuated at 430am (mandatory). Now I hear the area where I, my parents, 2 sisters live is mandatory evac.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/22/07 5:09pm
Msg #217707

Arrowhead hit very hard now, too

I'm glad you got out and hope you and your family are able to return to your homes intact!

In Arrowhead, at the very least, 70 homes have been destroyed - and that was only what one helicopter pilot could count from the air. It is absolutely horrible down here in SoCal. The entire town of Ramona was given a mandatory evacuation order. The fire in the Santa Clarita area grew very substantially overnight and the Irvine/Orange fire [caused by arson!!! grrrr!!!!!] is also on the move. That one is entirely too close to me for comfort (about 5 miles away.) I've been packed and almost ready to pull out since noon. The smell of smoke is increasing, but I just heard that they are finally getting air drops in as of the last half hour. The winds have been so bad, that it's been too dangerous to fly in helicopters or other fixed wing planes for air drops. That's been the biggest problem in Arrowhead, too. [If you're still out there, Susan, I hope you and your family are safe -- and your home!!]

All of Southern California can use all the good thoughts and prayers you can send - especially for the winds to die down. (Some gusts have been hurricane force!)

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/22/07 7:49pm
Msg #217721

Re: Arrowhead hit very hard now, too - Janet

I've been thinking about Susan all afternoon. Isn't Raymond up that way too? Please keep us all posted about our SoCal NotRotters.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 10/22/07 8:12pm
Msg #217724

Re: Arrowhead hit very hard now, too

Thank you, Janet. After the Cedar Fires 4 yrs ago, I learned to put all of the kids' baby pics and birth certs/soc sec cards in a large box. I grabbed that, a few clothes, my laptop, other pics and calld Marriott resvs. I take NO chances when it comes to my kids.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers. It is greatly appreciated.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/22/07 10:04pm
Msg #217740

Re: Arrowhead hit very hard now, too - Kyle

You are my eyes and ears in SoCal. Thank you so much for alerting me yesterday. G-ma & G-pa made it to Scripps Park last night only to be evacuated again. I just spoke with them and they are in Miramar, safe in a hotel.

I'm praying for the firefighters and for the people displaced in this awful event. Stay safe and keep us posted.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.