Notary Rotary
Anyone work for Wilson Docs lately?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by CJ on 10/17/07 10:45pm
Msg #217074

They don't owe me any money or anything, but they seemed to evaporate. Their phone still works, and I leave them little "hello"s, but they never call back. They were my bread and butter for 7 years, and I miss talking to them. I was just wondering if ANYONE was getting work from them, or did they go under and not tell anyone?

Reply by sue_pa on 10/18/07 7:15am
Msg #217098

just curious

why was your bread & butter a signing service when you had 7 years experience? why didn't you move up the ladder to title companies?

Reply by CJ on 10/18/07 8:12am
Msg #217101

Re: just curious

I didn't know that I could work directly for title companies until I started participating on Notary Rotary, which was last August. I was really busy with the all the SS I was with. I was in over 100 databases, and I got a few calls every day. I averaged about 70 a month, but sometimes I did 100. I was content. I was paying off my debts, and right now I don't owe a dime to anyone. I hope everyone doesn't ream me for not doing it their way.

When I started all those years ago, it didn't occour to me to look online for help from other notaries, so I was alone. Many of the chat forums did not exist. In the beginning, I was only looking online for SSs. Once I got busy, I was too busy to look for more work. I was a workaholic maniac, and I didn't know I COULD work for title companies. I knew it was unethical to go behind the backs of the SS people to work directly for their clients, so I never persued that route. I felt like I was already working for every title company in existance, through the SS. I was spending every waking moment working, so I was not online figureing out how to get more work. I didn't start spending time on Notary Rotary until things went bad last August and I had time on my hands.

When I say Wilson was my bread and butter, I mean they gave me the most work of all. They called me once or twice a day. (Plus, their loans were so easy, I could count on getting them signed in less than 30 minutes.) Everyone else called me once or twice a month, but with that many SS, I stayed very busy. I just stacked up all my jobs 1 hour apart. Every last week of the month, I had 8 or 9 jobs a day. Anyway, I felt I was good friends with the Wilson staff, and I am worried about them.

I know there are a lot of people on this forum that want everyone to do it their way. I am sorry, but this is how I did it. Like I said, I didn't even get on to Notary Rotary until August, so my information was limited. What I was doing in my isolated vacuum seemed to be working. If others have something nasty to say, what's the point? When it was busy, I paid off 40K in debt from an old boyfriend, we got out of an apartment and paid off our 60K mobile home, I paid 10K cash for my wedding, and I put 11K into savings. Now I am sitting home like everyone else, but I am in the black. I can't argure with results.

I supposed it's time I did work for title companies. I will start looking into that today. Thanks!
Smile

Reply by CJ on 10/18/07 8:53am
Msg #217113

Okay, did anyone else USED to work for Wilson?

They were very sweet people. They were the first people to give me a chance when I was new, and they just gave me work-work-work.

I know us notaries are suffering with things being slow, but it is sad when nice companies are out of business. I also miss Tammy and her friends at Expidoc. They also gave me very steady work.

I don't how the evil companies stay in business. I supposed they prey on the steady steam of newbies that XYZ is cranking out.

Newbies: beware of Sign on the X, Signatures Plus, United Notaries. That's all I can think of for now. They are happy to give you work, but they can't peel their fingers off the money that you rightfully earn.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/18/07 6:45pm
Msg #217206

Re: Okay, did anyone else USED to work for Wilson?

I met someone recently somewhere I can't remember (at a signing?? who knows...) who said she has a friend (yeah, one of those kinds of situations...) who bought the business from John Wilson. Presumably she is still in operation. I've done a few here and there for them over the years, but nothing in quite a while. We're pretty close geographically, so I pretty much only got calls for Spanish signings. FWIW

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.