Attn: Montgomery County, MD closers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Genkichan on 10/6/07 7:23am
Msg #215211

Hi there,

I'm closing up shop and have a few extra office supplies that are taking up too much space in my house and I'd like to unload. If you're interested, email me at [e-mail address] to discuss pickup in Rockville.

Thanks.

Reply by hp/MD on 10/6/07 9:55am
Msg #215219

Genkichan, check your email.

Reply by Cecilia Hill on 10/6/07 11:07am
Msg #215224

Can you tell me your process when closing/doing signings for refi and new mortgages?

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/6/07 12:18pm
Msg #215231

Wow, Cecilia, you really don't know how to do one, do you?

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 10/6/07 5:05pm
Msg #215261

Cecilia, don't know how to break this to you, but

there is NO work. Almost everyone that used to do this full time is either going out of the business or scaling back to part time and getting a real "job". The sunshine days are over and probably won't be back. If you took a loan signig class because they told you how much money you could make, my suggestion is to DEMAND your money back because you've been defrauded! Also, did they tell you that you need a title producers license to close loans in MD (I'm in MI and even I know this)? I'm sure the reason Geniken is closing up is because of lack of work. Your questions at this time would almost be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

Reply by Genkichan on 10/6/07 5:10pm
Msg #215262

Re: Cecilia, don't know how to break this to you, but

Oh, actually the reasons I'm closing up shop are three-fold: 1) because I've always had a FT other regular job anyway, 2) I had a baby girl in April and I just can't imagine working FT, still doing evening signings and spending enough time with baby, and of course 3) business has really dropped off anyway and I no longer have the patience to figure out whether or not I actually WANT to work for whomever is calling based on the probability that it is increasingly difficult to collect from so many outfits anymore these days. It costs way too much to remain licensed and insured in MD to just do an occasional signing here and there. It's just not worth it anymore. I hate to leave the fun, but....life calls me in other directions at the moment.

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/7/07 1:30pm
Msg #215332

Anything else you need to know, other than everything? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.