Notary Rotary
BLUE INC. SIGNINGS - the last thing we need
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by asigner on 10/8/07 12:54pm
Msg #215437

out of pikesville, md. - as if things aren't bad enough, u guys are bouncing checks on the notaries. Right now there are a bunch of notaries willing to sell fruit on the side of the road, to try to cover the bills. Please do not BOUNCE; bouncing anytime, much less, in these times is worse than not paying at all.
If you cannot pay right now, I would rather wait for a good check - then to pay bank fees on funds that are no good.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/8/07 2:03pm
Msg #215445

It's a crime to write a knowingly write a bad check and if they have done it to more than one person, I would say that they know. File charges. (Not an attorney so don't quote me)

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 10/8/07 2:05pm
Msg #215446

Actually a bouced check is not worse than not paying at all. You can demand payment by certified mail requiring payment of both the fee and the bank charge within X amount of days permitted by your state, or you will refer the matter to the police. They usually pay right away.

Do not redeposit the check. If they stop payment it is no longer a bounced check, and the police will not act on it...at least in Connecticut

Reply by Heidi Dauzat on 10/8/07 3:11pm
Msg #215457

TRUE , FOR LOUISIANA NOTARIES TOO. WE CAN CAUSE THE SAME DEMANDS, JUST ONE THING WE HAVE TO HOPE FOR ? WILL THERE BE ANYONE TO ACCEPT THE CERTIFIED LETTER. NO CONTACT NO ACT CAN BE CAUSED..NOT GOOD IN RECEIVING ANY PAYMENT/ PAYMENTS..

Reply by MonicaFL on 10/8/07 10:01pm
Msg #215517

Here's how to cover yourself if no one accepts the certified letter. Make sure you send it certified mail, return receipt requested and when it is returned to you DON'T open it. That will prove that you have tried to contact them. The return receipt card will also show that no one would accept receipt of it. I am not an attorney but have worked for several and this is what we did - and we would take this to court with us and when someone would say, well, no one tried to contact us, we would pull out the envelope (unopened) and also present the card showing it was not accepted. It works! I am not a lawyer nor do I want to be one - this is just info that I am passing along and know it works.

Reply by cassiewi on 10/8/07 3:13pm
Msg #215460

Have you tried calling them? I got no answer

when I tried at the office number. I was able to leave a message on Jeff's cell phone. I'm concerned as I did one for them on 9/29. I know it's early, but when I see something like this, it's a big concern for me.

Reply by asigner on 10/8/07 3:23pm
Msg #215464

Re: Have you tried calling them? I got no answer

no answer on phone - nor by email.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.