Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by LisaWI on 10/25/07 2:08pm
Msg #218282

BOA Makes the List

3000 laid off.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/25/business/boa.php

Reply by Ernest__CT on 10/25/07 8:59pm
Msg #218328

Bank Of America is about to become my EX bank.

Their fees, the length of time they hold funds before crediting the money to my account, the lack of Saturday hours at a convenient branch, and many more reasons have caused me to look seriously for a better bank.

While some of the tellers are very nice, the honchos are ... (how to say this politely) ... cranio-rectally inverted, pompus, and customer-hostile.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 10/25/07 9:25pm
Msg #218336

Re: Bank Of America is about to become my EX bank.

Do you have a Commerce Bank in your area? I know they're in NY/NJ, but not sure if they're in CT yet. Open on weekends, including Sundays - deposits made prior to 6 PM (other than on weekends) are credited the next day. Outstanding customer service, and no stupid fees. If it's available to you, it's definitely worth checking out.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/25/07 10:57pm
Msg #218362

Being a Clark Howard listener and having heard how BOA really treats their customers, I would walk away from their door before I ever opened it. Appalling treatment: had customer arrested for their mistake. Clark's listeners protested and over $50 million was withdrawn and moved to other banks; BOA still will not back down, proving Ernest__CT statement "cranio-rectally inverted, pompus, and customer-hostile."

Just recently this mo. Clark noted that BOA has now raised their ATM fees...another reason to leave them. Better yet, when it comes to ATM's, why does anyone use them in the first place? It is free $$ for banks to the tune of "We as consumers are wasting $4 billion on ATM fees." Staggering!

Reply by LKT/CA on 10/26/07 12:12am
Msg #218368

I vowed never, ever to do business with them after the way they treated me regarding a credit card I had with them a few years ago.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 10/26/07 12:28am
Msg #218371

Another reason I love credit unions. BOA infected MBNA too. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.