Notary Rotary
Basic to Premier questions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Lora/FL on 10/7/07 7:01pm
Msg #215355

Would like some feedback-I am contemplating upgrading from basic to premier standing. My question is in regards to how the system works as far as "updating" the website and deleting inactive members. When I did a Google search for signing agents in my area, Notary Rotary did appear in the search BUT the results displayed 7 profiles-the first 4 had not been updated since 2006, the 5th listing was dated 2005, the 6th listing did show being updated 2007 and I was lucky number 7. I enjoy the site tremendously and believe there is no one place with as much useful info as this site but I would value it more ( and pay for the upgrade) if it made my phone ring.......feedback is appreciated.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 10/7/07 7:47pm
Msg #215358

My personal experience has been that the upgrade from basic to premier paid for itself in about a week. That may not be the case in today's market, but you are much better off with a premier listing if for no other reason that your name bubbles up to the top in a zip code search. You get really good bang for your buck here, and I'm sure that other premier members will agree with that.

Premier members are listed ahead of basic members, and the listings are in order of distance from the requested zip code (and I think alphabetic order in case of a tie). In my zip code here on NR, I come up at the top of the list. The last time I looked, the NNA site lists notaries in zip code order. If someone uses that site to look for a notary in my area, the first one they'll see could be 10-15 miles away; my profile is buried further down in the list, even though I'm located exactly where they want to find a notary. Sounds like a minor annoyance, but most companies start calling from the top of the list... Which site would you rather spend money to be listed on?

As for updating profiles - I've been lax with that also. I think it's safe to assume that, for the most part, anyone paying for a premier membership is still active. If your situation or services offered don't change, what's the point of updating your profile? I've seen it argued here that you should "touch" your profile once a month to show that it's still active; I understand the argument behind that, but I doubt that NR would delete the profile of a premier member just because they failed to update it. Basic members are a different story but I think it's safe to assume that any premier member in your area is your competition, regardless of when they last updated their profile.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/7/07 8:13pm
Msg #215360

I agree with Mike in that the premier membership pays for itself in a short amount of time - at least it did for me. The initial cost of the premier listing was fairly high for me - I think it was $109 for my listing a year and a half ago and my understanding is that it's based on your area and how many premier members are already in your area. The renewal was less, I'm thinking like $69. I also value all the other features available to me on this website, and by paying for my membership I not only get a higher listing but I also am supporting Harry and his efforts.

Reply by Lora/FL on 10/7/07 8:44pm
Msg #215366

Thank you both, for your comments. In the bigger picture, I trust it will be a small investment for a valuable return. Thanks again!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.