Notary Rotary
Certified Signing Service - Houston Texas Being Audited
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by No/ta/ry/2u on 10/4/07 4:52pm
Msg #214840

Received and email from Certified Signing Services after I requested payment from them. They emailed me saying that due to numerous calls for payments that they were being audited from 2004 to 2007 and that payment would be held up for 2 to 3 weeks. You think this may be a sign of, uh oh.

Reply by ToniK on 10/4/07 4:58pm
Msg #214842

I still waiting for payment from these ppl. I called and Terri tld me to email [e-mail address] that email came back as undeliverable. So Im a put in another call

Reply by Todd/OH on 10/4/07 5:54pm
Msg #214851

Being Audited? So what ??

They can still send out a check.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 10/4/07 6:18pm
Msg #214860

An audit doesn't mean that normal business stops

so why can't they send out the checks?

And who's auditing them? An outside accounting firm? The state? IRS?

Sounds more like someone has been reading the newspapers about copmpanies in trouble and came up with a creative new excuse to use...

Reply by No/ta/ry/2u on 10/4/07 6:44pm
Msg #214869

The email says that their own corporate directors requested the audit done from January 2004 to September 2007. Says no payments will be sent until after the audit.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 10/4/07 7:14pm
Msg #214878

It's a signing service....

"Corporate directors"?? How large can they be?

Companies that are undergoing an audit - internal or external - MAY delay issuing financial reports, but they don't stop paying their vendors, they don't stop collecting money from their customers, and they don't bring a grinding halt to business as usual until after the audit is completed. That would be suicidal. I've worked for major corporations - audits happen all the time, and even when it's a major audit it doesn't affect the day-to-day business.

The most likely reason for not paying the bills for 2 or 3 weeks is that they don't have the money right now. They just found a new, creative way of telling you that...

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/4/07 7:24pm
Msg #214881

Re: It's a signing service....

From the Comptroller of Public Accounts in Texas. Emphasis, not mine. The "not in good standing" means they haven't done something to remain in good standing with the state, like pay their franchise tax or something, not that they don't exist...but it shows a problem with their record keeping, etc. It's not necessarily a horrible sign, but it's not a good one either.

http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaGetTp?Pg=tpid&Search_Nm=certified%20signing%20&Button=search&Search_ID=12014176411

Company Information: CERTIFIED SIGNING SERVICES INC
521 N SAM HOUSTON PKWY E STE 633
HOUSTON, TX 77060-4077

Registered Agent: Not on file
Registered Agent Resignation Date:
State of Incorporation: FL
File Number: 0021215880
Charter/COA Date: Unchartered
Charter/COA Type: Unchartered
Taxpayer Number: 12014176411

Checking the directors information:

Officer/Director Information Not on File for:

CERTIFIED SIGNING SERVICES INC
Officer and director information on this site is obtained from the most recent Public Information Report (PIR) processed by the Secretary of State (SOS). PIRs filed with annual franchise tax reports are forwarded to the SOS. After processing, the SOS sends the Comptroller an electronic copy of the information, which is displayed on this web site. The information will be updated as changes are received from the SOS.

You may order a copy of a Public Information Report from [e-mail address] or by mail at Comptroller of Public Accounts, Open Government Division, PO Box 13528, Austin, Texas 78711.

Reply by No/ta/ry/2u on 10/4/07 7:56pm
Msg #214883

I am not getting paid either way probably. Curious to see what their repsonse is in 2 to 3 weeks.

Reply by JohnnyB on 10/4/07 8:40pm
Msg #214897

Is this a different company than US Certified Signers?

I was a Corporate Controller for ten years and we went through year-end audits as well as audits and due diligence for a company being taken over? This has nothing to do with current operations and should not stop a business from handling it's daily activity. The company Controller will have to run reports for that period that is being audited. Any good auditor would sniff out any hanky panky.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/5/07 8:38am
Msg #214933

Cassandra's always paid me for any work I have done for her, however, that report of an audit putting a stop to checks being issued is interesting...I looked back in my notes and from previous experiences I had this information...

Parker Paralegal Services
or
Cassandra Parker
or
J.M. Caycoya
or
Max Caycoya

Reply by Carole Breckbill on 10/5/07 10:07am
Msg #214955

Its Executive Vice-President is Mr Jose Caycoya. Small company with no more than 14 employees, one location. Dollar volume of business approx. $800,000 when last counted. Didn't see list of corporate directors.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 10/5/07 12:26am
Msg #214914

The dog ate my homework...Not my area...I'd give you

another excuse, but I just punched out.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.