Notary Rotary
Certified Signing payment
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by gcn3 on 10/22/07 6:40pm
Msg #217716

I just did a signing for them last week. Has anyone ever tried to call the title company direct and get payment? I do not know what is going on with other people but this is now starting to happen way too often. Any good suggestions?

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/22/07 7:39pm
Msg #217719

If you just did it last week, I'd venture to say the only chance of getting paid is via the title company. I'd call them first thing and explain to them what is going on over at CS. You might get lucky and the TC will cut you a check for your fee and send the remaining to the SS. That's what I would suggest. I would not hesitate to offer this solution to the TC.

Reply by JK/TX on 10/22/07 9:45pm
Msg #217738

Re: Certified Signing payment --- in Houston?

They don't pay that fast. Normally, they send a pay schedule of their payment (I think). I have never had a problem w/them but they usually pay w/in 30-45 days.

I wouldn't expect payment within one week (from funding) from any assignment unless it was done directly for a title company.

Are you the one that posted stating they told you they were in an audit and payments would be delayed?

Reply by ToniK on 10/23/07 6:34am
Msg #217776

Owner says they filed a Chapter 11....

And I called her bluff. I'm still waiting on the information about the filing. I checked lexis nexis and choicepoint didnt see anything.

Reply by cassiewi on 10/23/07 8:09am
Msg #217782

I was called yesterday for a signing

but I was able to decline because of this lovely board. I'm not taking any chances.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.