Notary Rotary
Closing Quest of Nashville, TN
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Dianne Pickard on 10/31/07 4:54pm
Msg #219105

I agreed to take a case for these people while in my car driving around this afternoon. Just got in and saw their negative rating for slow pay on Notary Rotary. I called and expressed concern to Closing Quest personnel. They said "Oh, we have those problems ironed out." I told them that the most recent negative comment was just 2 weeks ago.
I was assured that I would get paid within 30 days. I asked them to have their bookeeper email me a promise to pay within the requested time period. The bookeeper sends me a promise to pay within 45 days. I sent them an email back saying 30 days or less or no go.

Reply by DebbieT on 10/31/07 5:02pm
Msg #219112

They STILL owe me from July. No they do not have everything ironed out.

Reply by TRG_wy on 10/31/07 5:41pm
Msg #219116

Me too for July 10th and one on Sept. 18th.

Reply by Dianne Pickard on 10/31/07 5:56pm
Msg #219119

The woman who emailed the promise to pay was a Rikki Cogdill. Her email is [e-mail address] or [e-mail address] Perhaps this contact info may be of assistance to you.

Reply by TRG_wy on 11/1/07 10:29am
Msg #219214

Thanks Dianne for the email address n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/31/07 5:48pm
Msg #219117

Re: ""Oh, we have those problems ironed out."

Yep...and your invoice got lost in our system and your check is in the mail....

Reply by ericashaw on 10/31/07 6:19pm
Msg #219125

Re: ""Oh, we have those problems ironed out."

We heard the same things for weeks and weeks. Your invoice just must have been lost for the 16th time. I am pretty sure they lost their big respa account with Archer land Title because Archer is now calling us directly for the respas. It is the same big account that Chris from loansignersinc lost because he wouldn't pay the notaries either. These jerks who just want to use us have to be told where to go. I don't know what is so hard about not spending other people's money!!! We never spend money that is allocated to the notaries we hire.

Reply by MelissaCT on 11/1/07 8:47am
Msg #219178

Great point - Don't spend $$ that doesn't belong to you

If you're a signing service & you contract with a notary to provide service AND they provide that service, the payment from that job is not all yours. In fact, if you don't get paid for that job, but get paid for others, that money isn't all yours either. You still have a debt to the notary that provided services in good faith & owe that person whether you collect or not. Collecting from the party that hired YOU is YOUR responsibility, not the notary's. If more companies would realize this, the [notary] world would be a better place.

Reply by SIGN on 1/8/08 12:08pm
Msg #229530

It never ceases to amaze me how notaries are so quick to point out any failure or problem, but fail to mention the positives.

We apologize for the delays some have experienced in receiving payments, but we always pay!!

We typically provide more notary work than any other company and in 5 years of business, we have always paid a notary who properly performed their closing.

In the future, I would appreciate the failure of other companies not paying notaries not be the reason Closing Quest is attacked or stereo-typed.

I also want to largely thank every notary who has worked for and continues to perform professionally. It is because of these individuals that notaries have a future in closing loans and lawyers aren't able to take over as they have in seven states.

Todd Griffin, CEO
[e-mail address]
(877) 668-2798

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.