Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Cresent Title Agency LLC out of business and didn't pay me!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Knight Notary Services on 10/24/07 8:40am
Msg #217956

Cresent Title Agency out of Canton Ohio went out of business last week and apparently they decided not to pay their notaries before as they turned the lights off, and I’m one of them. Personally I think it stinks that a company can charge the borrower for services and then in turn not pay the notary. Is there anything I can do to get my money since they are out of business? They use to be a good title company to work for and I must admit I am a bit pissed and shocked that they stiffed me on this closing. Please advise. TIA

Reply by LarryTN on 10/24/07 8:57am
Msg #217960

I don't like to do it, but I have gone to the lender to force an SS to pay my fees. You might want to try that.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 10/24/07 9:36am
Msg #217972

Title companies have bonds posted, you may go against that

Most are registered with the insurance comissions, you may call Dayton and try to see if they can help you.

Reply by Desiree Jordan on 10/24/07 10:12am
Msg #217978

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/24/07 10:49am
Msg #218002

Re: Title companies have bonds posted, you may go against th

"Let's do this - kinda like an office raffle!!!"

Getting stiffed on payment for services rendered is a cost of doing business. It sucks, but it's a reality for any company that isn't paid cash on the spot. What you're suggesting isn't just risking one more dollar, it's also using a lot of unpaid time to chase after a pittance (in most cases). Don't be foolish and chase bad money with good money, instead use it as a learning experience, which you obviously needed if you ran up over $600 with SOX.

And class action lawsuits make money for nobody but the lawyers. If you want to pursue it in court do it on your own.

Reply by Knight Notary Services on 10/24/07 11:08am
Msg #218012

CaliNotary

I agree with your response to Desiree. She is a newbie so still learning. Not sure when she started but SOX has been on the no no list for YEARS so to rack up $600+ worth of closings with them is I'll say "quite the learning experience".

Been in the biz too long, and I must say I should feel privileged that out of 5 years this is my first "stiffing".

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/24/07 11:17am
Msg #218016

Nice No-no List Desiree...

I just read over it and saw Transcontinental Title!

Wow...that's too bad.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 10/24/07 12:27pm
Msg #218045

Re: Nice No-no List Desiree...

I've worked for Transcontinental several years with no non-payment issues.
Occasionally there is a slow payment at which time I call vendor management to resolve the problem. Your posting is unfair to the good companies.

Reply by Knight Notary Services on 10/24/07 2:07pm
Msg #218080

Re: Nice No-no List Desiree...

I haven't had any issues with getting paid from TC Title either, and I have worked with them for over 3 years now.

Reply by Desiree Jordan on 10/25/07 9:53am
Msg #218213

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Reply by Knight Notary Services on 10/24/07 11:04am
Msg #218010

Thanks Philip Johnson . . . I am going to try calling.

I've done work for this company for over two years, so needless to say I am a bit ticked that they choose to close shop and not bother to pay me. Called the lender, and obviously they say there hands are tied since the loan funded and everyone including the title company (of course) was paid. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/24/07 11:20am
Msg #218019

Re: Thanks Philip Johnson . . . I am going to try calling.

"I'll keep my fingers crossed."

I think you need to cross a lot more than your fingers Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.