Notary Rotary
DRI Title and Escrow
Notary Discussion History

DRI Title and Escrow
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by kate_nortca on 10/16/07 11:39am
Msg #216661

DRI Title and Escrow

Just received a call from these folks for a signing this week. I did a search but did not find anything recent. g/b/u?

Thank you.

Kate

Reply by KKinNoCal on 10/16/07 11:42am
Msg #216663

Excellent, I have done a half a dozen for them-no problems. As a matter of fact aI would love to get a call from them soon!

Reply by kate_nortca on 10/16/07 11:59am
Msg #216668

Thank you!

Kate

Reply by Kristan Crawford on 10/16/07 2:16pm
Msg #216728

Done lots of biz w them, no problems, very friendly, pay on time, etcSmile

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 10/16/07 2:25pm
Msg #216733

I have done work for them. It seems that they are contractors for FIESERV. Oddly enough, when I did work for FIESERV, all I got was $50 for o/n docs. With DRI I am getting $65!!!!! What great new client. All I have to do is turn down FIESERV and just wait for a call from DRI!!:0)

Reply by Rachel/ORWA on 10/16/07 2:27pm
Msg #216735

I'd be turning down the $65, as well. They'll pay more than that.

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 10/16/07 2:34pm
Msg #216739

Well, for $40 I will just do my zip code! for $65 I will do a 15 mile radius. I tell these cheapskate companies that this is MY POLICY. I can bundle my low paying with my high paying as I tend to do 3 or 4 a day. This works out as I always turn down anything over 30 miles one way that works out to 60 miles round trip. I can bundle my closings in an efficient manner and still keep busy and profitable. I do turn down a lot of $40 that is outside of my trip rules and a lot of $50 and $65 if the trip is way too far. I can save money by staying home and not operating my car.

Reply by janCA on 10/16/07 2:38pm
Msg #216742

Cali, you need to chime in on this one.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/16/07 2:48pm
Msg #216745

If that's your business plan & you're OK with it--who am I to suggest that you're working way too cheap. But you are.

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 10/16/07 2:58pm
Msg #216747

Even if I do work cheap, I am retired with a taxable pension and I do earn a respectable income from both VA pension, company pension and Notary income. I do feel earning roughly $125 to $200 per day is a comfortable income.

working part time and loving it :0)!!!!!

Hey Lee, what part of AR are you from? I live in Fayetteville. I really look forward to a closing in Eureka Springs, I can visit and do business and write off the trip.

Reply by janCA on 10/16/07 5:46pm
Msg #216778

Low Fees

Roger, you have to understand that when you accept these low fees, it brings down the fees for all NSA's. When you say that you make $125-$200 per day for 3-4 signings, do you realize that that is what should be made from 1 (one) e-doc signing. It may be a comfortable income for you since you are retired, but for someone who does this full time and it's their only source of income, they can't live on signings that only pay $40-$65. If you are in an area that is not inundated with signing agents, you can certainly demand more than what you have stated you charge. Remember, the SS's are getting what you aren't.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/16/07 5:56pm
Msg #216781

Roger, you should have told the rest of us what you are

charging because it's really hard to deal with.

I have no money woes myself, but when you are a single parent, or a dual income family needing the full income, or needing just to support yourself as a single adult, it's heart sickening to hear this...that people who are educated by this board, who should know what the industry has done to many NSAs income...who are uninterested in seeing to the good of anyone other than themselves, it's very very difficult not to feel upset.

You have every right to charge what you want to but you also need to be realistic at the audience who is reading this board and understand...that's a hard, hard pill to swallow.

The hardest part is knowing that you are just the tip of the iceberg.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/16/07 5:57pm
Msg #216782

Make that Roger should NOT have...sorry...a typo. n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/17/07 1:00am
Msg #216868

Re: Low Fees

This is a title co???!! That should be at least $125 WITHOUT edocs... Roger, you might want to do some searching on this board for fees, or read up on message #33325 (not sure if that's right, but someone will correct it if it's wrong). Specifically, I'm thinking about the messages that address the costs of doing business. For you to operate as a real business, these things should be taken into consideration.

Sadly, it seems to me that the NNA and others following their lead, are turning this "profession" into something done by hobbyists and retirees - certainly not something that will provide a full-time income to someone. More and more companies appear to be only willing to pay these rediculous fees - and seem to be successful in finding a steady stream of people willing to work for peanuts. Like I said... sad!!

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 10/17/07 2:09am
Msg #216872

I, too, am a retiree, Roger, with a coujple of different sources of income. However, I have taken a tactic 180 degrees from you in establishing my fees.

My attitude is that those retirement incomes give me the opportunity to be firm in demanding reasonable fees from my signing agent activity. It seems to have worked: The number of closings have gone up each year, while the income has has increased at an even greater pace. What that means, in practical terms, is that while you are doing three closings, I'm doing one for the same income -- and having more time to enjoy my retirement.

You might want to consider that approach.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/17/07 3:53pm
Msg #216986

Thank you Hugh!!!! n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/17/07 1:30am
Msg #216871

Dear Roger

You are a dumbass if you're taking $40 jobs for ANY reason.

Love, Cali.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.