Notary Rotary
Docuserv USA
Notary Discussion History

Docuserv USA
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by LkArrowhd/CA on 10/4/07 10:14am
Msg #214699

Docuserv USA

I get a call yesterday for a signing in my hood. I accept signing, docs are in, great! I'm hopeful this is an upstanding company with no major concerns for me.

I should have known better. I print out a few pages of one file before I go through their paperwork, OMG the faxbacks are absurd and these are for the ss to approve before shipping back, my thoughts, no can do.
I always try to check the reputation of the company within minutes of accepting an assignment.
I go to our lifesaver NOTROT and low and behold, there you have it, in black and white the very company that can't seem to pay their notaries in a timely manner has the nerve to make notary demands. They even have the form they want the borrower to sign and we notarize stating if the loan doesn't fund the notary must be paid by the borrowers, so another words you can't go after the above. I'm sorry but I'm not presenting this to the client, so tacky.

It amazes me, the ones that make the most notary demands, has the worst reputation.

I called back, said I would be declining the assignment, they wanted to know why? UHHHHHH less then stellar payment history, the faxbacks are absurd. You are not returning notary phone calls, you name it, BIG PROBLEMS FOR THE NOTARY.

I felt refreshed knowing I would not have to fight for payment. Thanks to all the notaries that previously posted on this company....it's called teamwork.

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/4/07 10:32am
Msg #214704

Directing the borrower that they may need to pay the notary ... isn't that a RESPA violation?

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/4/07 10:59am
Msg #214715

RESPA violation or not--- My understanding (at least, in AR) is the Notary does not have a contract with nor was hired by the B. Signing that doc does not a contract make. Thus...totally unenforceable against B. Personal experience: there is a RM TC who routinely places this doc into their 'title docs'... B later rescinded. After a minor go-round with them, TC paid me. They still routinely put that doc in pkg. and I just as routinely have the B's write 'rejected' & initial. They still hire me & I still work with them.

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/4/07 11:01am
Msg #214716

Agree.

Reply by Julie Dailey on 10/4/07 4:08pm
Msg #214833

I've only done one job for them and it took over 60 days and many phone calls, emails and faxes to get them to pay my measly $100 fee. They called last week for a last-minute signing and I forgot myself momentarily and accepted the job. They agreed to $150 fee.
Well, the first thing that comes through, even before the confirmation, is this document that I have to have the borrower sign agreeing to pay the signing service if they rescind the loan. I immediately emailed Docuserv and said NO WAY will I EVER instruct a borrower to sign such a document, and did the lender know they were demanding this? They immediately emailed me back and said that I was exempted from having to have this doc signed and to proceed without it.
Next, I have to go to their website to collect the confirmation and lo and behold, I have to agree to their tepid I.C. agreement to get to the confirmation. I told them a year ago I will NOT be bound to an I.C. agreement in order to do a job for them. They exempted me from it. I again emailed them and told them the same thing. She said, okay, she'd fax the confirmation.
Next thing I know, she calls and the signing is postponed. I was SO relieved.
In the meantime, I forwarded to the title company Docuserv's email demanding that the borrower sign the Fee Responsiblity form or else I would not be paid. (yes, I received the docs before I even got a confirmation). I think the title company needs to know what Docuserv is doing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.