Notary Rotary
Does it matter...
Notary Discussion History

Does it matter...
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by notarynikki on 10/4/07 11:26am
Msg #214726

Does it matter...

if a SS from the web charges a membership fee or not? Is this something to steer clear of or are they potentially good for business as well? Just wondering how many of these websites you have all paid to be a member of and if it has served you well. Thanks!

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/4/07 11:29am
Msg #214728

none...

and if I did they would know beforehand that their membership fee would be included in my first signing.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/4/07 11:31am
Msg #214731

Nikki
It is OK to pay for membership in sites like NotaryRotary, you know it is beneficial.

But to pay a membership to get work from any SS is not good business.
I hate to repeat myself, but I will.
If a SS has to resort to charging to get signings from them, then they have no capital.
You could sign up and pay the fee and never get any signings from them.
LoanSignersInc was one such company, and they ended up not paying their notaries.
According to the owner (if you look at previous threads) he is closing down and has started another notary "service" - of course you have to pay for this "service"

Bottom line is never pay for a signing service.

Reply by Keystone/PA on 10/4/07 11:33am
Msg #214732

Please see message# 33325 and i would not....

pay a membership fee to a signing service. They can not guarantee you any kind of volume, since all of their work is based on consumer demand.

I wish you well.

Reply by Steven Carter on 10/4/07 12:00pm
Msg #214737

As a small signing company and loan closer, I would never pay a signing service for anything like that and I could not justify charging people at all either. I get most of my closers from notary rotary and most get repeat business from me as well.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/4/07 12:07pm
Msg #214744

Well said Steven n/m

Reply by Ocean Pacific Notary Services, Inc. on 10/4/07 6:31pm
Msg #214862

I use Notary Rotary notaries 95% of the time and they have been for the most part wonderful. We do look at the Premier Members first and then basic - so I guess it is where you want to be seen and used. Some of this services really do not have any visiabilty with E/O's or L/O's, not Notary Rotary does. So I would say spend your money wisely - as they say in the world of accountants - WHAT IS THE ROI? That will answer your question.

Reply by CF on 10/4/07 8:11pm
Msg #214893

Yes it does matter! If notaries would never pay then these "low ball" scummy companies would not be popping up and asking for our money that we dont have now! Only pay for the "big boards" that is the only way you will see your return. I could ask you to pay me....and give you nothing or vice versa? Dont waste your money!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.