Notary Rotary
Experienced NSAs: How to get high paying work + new clients
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Laura Vestanen on 10/30/07 8:00pm
Msg #218949

Like hundreds of other NSAs, I continually get emails from former clients who want to pay me $100 or less for loan signings. (I say former because I no longer work for those jerks.)

The authors of these emails want me to take less money or give more work for the same money. Heck with that.

I'm in an area saturated with notaries and NSAs. I get $150-$300 per loan signing - never less. And I'm getting new clients. My competition gets $100 and less (they tell me so).

It's all about creating and implementing a sophisticated and tightly focused marketing campaign. It takes TIME + WORK to create one but the benefits are huge.

Yesterday I posted a blog on how to do this. I'll leave it up for 1 more day then delete it so it stays under the NNjerk radar.

You can read the blog at:
http://activerain.com/blogsview/253264/Notaries-How-to-become

This strategy is only for NSAs who have done an absolute minimum of 250 loans. It will not work for NSAs with less experience unless they have a degree in marketing.

This is not advertising. I haven't written (nor do I sell) a book on marketing for loan work.

Good luck!
LauraV

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/30/07 8:03pm
Msg #218951

Link didn't work for me! n/m

Reply by Laura Vestanen on 10/30/07 8:06pm
Msg #218953

Works now. Fixed. . . . n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/30/07 8:56pm
Msg #218961

Excellent and well thought out comments as usual...

I find it amazing at how many are content to sit back and let the TCs and SS provide them with work and then complain because they don't get paid enough. I've been suggesting that notaries distiguish themselves from their competition (other notaries) for a while now and yet few seem to want to do the work necesary to break out of the NNA developed business model which is actually contrary to notaries' best interests. As you say however this is a program that requires dedication and diligence. I can number the notaries on the fingers of one hand who have approached me for work over the last several years and they all have been from Notary Rotary who read that I originate loans and sell real estate. I advertise in the fields I specialize in but rarely get notary service providers knocking on my door.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 10/30/07 8:26pm
Msg #218957

Thank You! You are very kind to always share your ideas n/m

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 10/31/07 12:24am
Msg #218968

Re: Thank You! You are very kind to always share your ideas

Laura's book and her advice is the best!

This blog is just one more indication of her top position as a mentor in our industry and how much help she helps Notaries.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.