Notary Rotary
Express Financial Services, Inc., EFS Title, Pittsburgh, PA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Pat on 10/8/07 6:39pm
Msg #215494

I have been trying to collect from this company for a closing that I did on July 10, 2007. I called the week of August 20th and was told the check would be sent out on August 27th. I just checked Notary Rotary for negative information about this company, and sure enough!! Other notaries have been cheated by this company.

I've been a notary for five years and have never had this happen before.

Reply by aatatusko on 10/8/07 6:44pm
Msg #215495

Are you serious? Seriously?

Check out the messages/comments in signing central. You will see they closed their very large doors on 9-14

Reply by Nick/MD on 10/8/07 6:47pm
Msg #215497

Re: Are you serious? Seriously?

Pat, your lucky your only out one closings... they owe many of us much more... be thankful... they closed their doors on 09/14/07 with no notice.

Reply by Susan Jones on 10/8/07 7:44pm
Msg #215502

Same problem here. I have doing business with them for years and they have always paid on time until August. I did not know they had closed until I checked Notary Rotary last week and found out. Sure was surprised..... they owed me for 3 closings.
I am pretty "gun-shy" right now about doing business with anyone...... things are getting ugly out there.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/8/07 7:53pm
Msg #215503

Ugly, and about to get uglier yet...

I just received this flier n the mail with the following statement emblazoned across the front:

"Changes in the lending industry have created and urgent need for NNA Certified and Background Screened Notary Signing Agents"

I'd like to know what changes other than the shrinking revenues of the NNA are causing an "urgent need". Someone really needs to bring such blatant misrepresentation to the media's attention. Anyone know any media types?

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/8/07 8:01pm
Msg #215506

Re: Ugly, and about to get uglier yet...

Nope... know no media types but am going to start suggesting to the next batch of newbies that it might benefit them to file a Ripoff Report about the statements that made them think this was the path to riches. When, in fact, that business is mighty slim and has been for some time now. But, I do like the media approach much better!

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/8/07 9:34pm
Msg #215512

Re: Ugly, and about to get uglier yet...

I think the people that bought in to the XYZ hype are too embarrassed to go to the media. Had they been watching the news in the first place, they would not have bought into the false claims of wealth.

I received a solicitation from XYZ in the mail over the weekend offering me "special rates" for renewal. I have never spent a dime for membership and I never will.

Background checks necessary, my ass! We should be the ones requiring background checks and D&B credit checks before extending credit. The NNA needs to be fired! What exactly have they done for notaries besides take their money? JMO, of course.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/8/07 9:47pm
Msg #215514

Reminds me of a song from a Broadway play, now that

the Signing/Singing Doc is spending his days on the Political Side I guess I'll have to do double duty. Hmm, mi mi mi...

"What have you done lately,
To make the world a better place to be?"

I love how they say that they have been serving the notary for over 50 years! They should be say that they have been serving up the notary, with an apple in their mouth.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.