Fi Serv
Notary Discussion History

Fi Serv
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Tannis Zamora on 10/9/07 9:59am
Msg #215552

Fi Serv

Good morning everybody,

I received an email from Fi Serv this am. Told me that if I didn't have a CBC done by NNA or them within 5 days my services would no longer be needed.

They have been a good client.

tannis zamora TN

Reply by Philip Johnson on 10/9/07 10:42am
Msg #215563

Then have them run one on you.

How much is it?

Reply by Stoli on 10/9/07 11:14am
Msg #215569

Ask if they will accept a BGC from Notary Rotary. n/m

Reply by Harry [NR] on 10/9/07 1:28pm
Msg #215597

Re: Ask if they will accept a BGC from Notary Rotary.

The last I spoke with Vince Lapenta, a vendor relations manager at Fiserv, he told me they had a good thing going with NNA and were not interested in recognizing other third-party checks.

Vince indicated that NNA had cranked out a huge number of "certified and background screened" signing agents and that Fiserv was quite happy with the number. It didn't seem to matter to him that we offer a more comprehensive check nor that the NNA certification is a significant cost for notaries to bear.

We have already established our position that these practices are bad for the industry and potentially anti-competitive. As such, we encourage lenders to use companies that do not maintain such exclusive arrangements and we continue to document actions that appear to be anti-competitive in nature.

Harry
Notary Rotary

Reply by Tannis Zamora on 10/9/07 2:54pm
Msg #215608

Hi Harry,

Yep that is what he said. They will NOT accept any CBC except from the NNA stamp approval or their own CBC.

Vincent called me and I went ahead and paid the $23 but UNDER DURESS. He laughed and said he understood.

So bottom line, we have to pay the piper.

Thank YOU for all you do to help us NSA's Harry. What you have done and are doing is a big help. I am in this industry for the long haul and people like you make it easier to get over through the bad times.

I am looking forward to the Jurat and Ack stamps if you can get them affordable for us.

Have a good day.

tannis zamora TN

Reply by RickinVA on 10/9/07 3:30pm
Msg #215612

Tannis, I purchased a jurat stamp from someone, and it was relatively cheap. Plus,
since i'll have to renew my commission next year, I was told that I could just
change the rubber impression 'thingy' when my commission is renewed and go
from there. I can't post the name here, so email (only, no PM) and I'll give anyone
the info. (I'm not home now, but I'll be back tomorrow, so I won't be able to look
up the info 'til then.) When I looked for one, I tried several places, including here,
but the other one was the only one to get back to me with a concrete offer.

Rick

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 10/10/07 9:10am
Msg #215789

Get a guarantee. . .

. . .when you replace that rubber impression 'thingy' on your stamp. Our experience is that a new rubber 'thingy' glued in place of the old one on a mount won't last very long.

Marlene
United States Notary Association
[e-mail address]

Reply by Tannis Zamora on 10/9/07 11:32am
Msg #215570

I had a CBC done by Nexis Lexis Screening Solutions back in January of this year.

I faxed that to Fi Serv. I will let ya'll know if I hear anything.

The email specifically stated the NNA or their company. I will see what the response is. I called and left a voice message to Mr. Lapenta. He is the one who interviewed me and hired me almost 4 years ago.

I am just concerned that with all of the problems in our industry and everybody wanting to get money from us NSA that this NNA orchestrated charade is rearing it's ugly head again.

Thank you all for responding.

tannis zamora TN

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.