Notary Rotary
First American Signature Services??
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Tamara Schmitz on 10/29/07 10:03pm
Msg #218829

Has anyone has signings with this company? I have two lined up for this week..do they pay on time? Any input would be great, thanks!

Reply by pan/nd on 10/29/07 10:13pm
Msg #218830

Pay like clockwork-- always in a month or less

Reply by marko727 on 10/29/07 10:31pm
Msg #218831

They called me four months ago to do signings. I filled out a lot of paperwork. They assigned me a particularly difficult signing, and I did a bang up job. A week later, they send me an e-mail telling me to attend a workshop THE NEXT DAY. Well, my schedule did not permit. So Tish Bush from FASS sends me an e-mail notifying me that my profile is to be suspended until I complete the workshop. So the next month I attend. I then find out a couple weeks ago that my profile was never re-activated, and Ms. Bush says she will not reactivate it because she didn't like the fact that I did not attend the first workshop offered! Its been a big waste of time with this company! (P.S....They paid me pretty quickly for the one closings I did for them, though!)

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 10/29/07 10:41pm
Msg #218833

Am I missing something? I've never heard of a signing service requiring anyone to attend a workshop. What kind of workshop?

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 10/29/07 11:20pm
Msg #218838

It was an on-line workshop. Minimally useful, but it did evidence a desire to inject more professionalism in the signing agent corps. Tish probably got bent out of shape because you did not affirmatively make arrangements to opt out of the first workshop and opt in to the second.

They keep trying to maximize the effectiveness of the Internet, and, in contrast to other signing services I have worked with, seem to be doing a pretty good job of it. If you are one of their "White Glove" closers, you can sign up for closings on the web page, without having to go through a scheduler. I like that, and have done an average of six closings a month for them this year. They are not overly generous; they meet my minimum fee, and that's it, unless they're in a real bind. On the other hand, I'm the one who sets my minimum, so I can't complain because they simply meet it.

Reply by Laurie Rangel on 10/29/07 11:24pm
Msg #218839

This is one of the companies that I really like working with, they pay before I even have time to send them an invoice.

As for attending ANY type of class or training they did not require that of me.

If you have 2 signing lined up with this company they you have nothing to worry about

Reply by WDMD on 10/30/07 5:12am
Msg #218848

You would think with Maryland being a title producer state FASS would come up on their fees somewhat. They have never come close to my mininum fee. Just last week they called me last minute in a panic needing someone to close a double right away. They were even in such a bind they were going to offer above there standard fee she said. 2 loans, e-docs for.....the fabulous price of $110. I had to refuse their generous offer, even though I probably would have been paid within 30 days.

I guess they pay more in other states as I see others state FASS meets their minimum fee. I just do not see how anyone in Maryland can work for those fees. I suppose somehow you can squeeze a very small profit out of a $50 signing if you are un-licensed, but why even bother?

Reply by Charles_Ca on 10/29/07 11:38pm
Msg #218842

FASS, the bastard child of First American...

First American is my favorite Title Company far above any others but FASS has go to be worst Signing Service, well, maybe not the worst, at least they pay, but are they ever tough to deal with and I guess it depends on the office. I have had some rather nasty exchanges with the office in Tx and they are my go to Title Company for real estate transactions. I won't let them touch my loans.

Reply by Nancy M. Misenar on 10/30/07 12:09pm
Msg #218883

I have done business with them for 4 years now and they have always paid on time all the time. I get checks from them every two weeks, at times they want to just pay the 50.00 but I will only accept those if the closing is in the immeditate area, they will work with you on your fee. The just have turned over a new site to make it more conveinent for us. And if you are a White Glove ( what a title), you are on first come first serve basis, that is good because that means you have an error free profile.
Good company to so business with.

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 10/30/07 1:42pm
Msg #218901

I failed to mention that FASS has a faxback arrangement that I think is both fair and reasonable. They will give the SA a list of about 10 pages to fax back. If you do this the same day as the closing, they will add $35 to your fee. I have had no problem with them denying the fee on any closing.

Reply by Carmi Salvador on 10/31/07 12:30am
Msg #218969

How do you sign up with them?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.