Notary Rotary
First Southern Home Lending
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by MonicaFL on 10/20/07 9:21am
Msg #217492

out of Cincinnati, OH - I think they are going to be ones to watch out for. I did a loan app for them the first of October and the lady wouldn't sign the docs. They told me NOT under any circumstances, to contact the borrower but to just show up. That should have been a red flag then - but since it was just a loan app I didn't think too much about it. When I arrived, in pouring down rain, she answered the door and said she didn't know I was coming then she said that she forgot I was coming - she was in the middle of dinner with some of her friends and family. She invited me in, we sat down and she looked at the first page and said that was not what she wanted. We called the L/O and they talked about five minutes then she stated again she wasn't going to sign. When I took the assignment I was very specific about if she didn't sign, would I still get paid and was told most definitely. Well, I sent them my invoice, and when I didn't hear from them I called the L/O and she stated that she had talked to the manager and he wasn't aware that I was to get paid for this, but to send her my invoice again and she would put it on his desk. Done!!! That was about a week and a half ago. I have since called and sent my invoice again. I know this isn't a great deal of money but I feel I did my job - they didn't do theirs - and that's why it didn't fly - but since I upheld my part of the contract, they should uphold theirs. So, I am putting them on my no-no list. Anyone else have any problems collecting from them? Thanks.

Reply by MonicaFL on 10/20/07 9:28am
Msg #217493

I tried to add them to the notary list but it said it was already there and I certainly couldn't find it. Sorry. I tried to put it there.

Reply by LJ on 10/20/07 2:14pm
Msg #217514

Monica. I feel your frustration and yes, you did do your job. Give it a little time. If it was just done the 1st of Oct and you sent another invoice a week ago, its still early. What is their payment schedules? Maybe they don't pay till 30 days, maybe longer. Hang in there. Don't give up yet. Give them a little more time. Patience is a virtue in this business.

Reply by MonicaFL on 10/21/07 12:17pm
Msg #217552

I know the wait game however when you are told that immediately upon receipt of your faxed invoice you will be paid. I don't know how you describe "immediately" but I describe it as "immediately" and 30 days or even 20 doesn't fit that catagory, at least in my book anyway.

Reply by Michael/FL on 10/21/07 8:31pm
Msg #217582

You know for some reason it seems that bad business is coming out of Ohio. I had a situation with a closing company out of Ohio, took them nearly 2 months to pay, I had to contact the title company and do the whole run around also but in the end I was still paid.

Here's an idea, any deal that comes about from the Ohio area be cautious of!

Sorry to hear Monica, things are just getting pretty rough out in the business world.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.