Notary Rotary
GE Title/North American Signature Services----MN
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by cassiewi on 10/29/07 12:31pm
Msg #218750

Anyone work for them before? I did a signing for them on 10/19/07. There were a few issues at the table, but bo's talked to LO and they finished signing. Got a call today and they stated that the bo's ended up cancelling and wanted me to do the resign. I said OK, there was nothing in the confirmation stating that they pay nothing if the borrower rescinds. I told her that I did my job and need to be paid. She said she's never heard of being paid full fee and that companies in Minnesota don't pay full fee for rescissions, they'll only pay $25 print fee. I told her that I work with other companies in Minnesota and if they rescind after the fact, I'm still paid. She was going to check and see what they could do. I also told her that I couldn't go to this one if they don't plan on paying me for the other one. We'll see what happens, but I don't work for free. Other than this, they were very nice.

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/29/07 1:40pm
Msg #218757

Is this for GE Retail on Minnesota St in St. Paul?

I've handled pool loans for them thru MPG Mortgage. Only had one that the borrower rescinded. I made two trips, first one was rescinded, 2nd one she signed and kept. I was paid in full for the two signings. They told the borrower very plainly that I was going to be paid in full and they were going to add my fee to her bottom line (I know this because the borrower told me this at the second signing). Maybe that was MPG's policy, but they took care of me fairly.

Reply by cassiewi on 10/29/07 3:19pm
Msg #218788

No, GE Title/NASS out of Mendota Heights MN...but I talked

to them again and they are giving me 85% of my fee. I'm OK with that. But I will make sure to get my policy in writing for next time.

Reply by cassiewi on 10/29/07 3:28pm
Msg #218792

BTW, thanks for the feedback Al n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/29/07 3:43pm
Msg #218795

Re: No, GE Title/NASS out of Mendota Heights MN...but I talked

This is ridiculous that they get to tell us what we will be paid. We can't tell the businesses we contract with that after the fact, we will only pay $25 or even 85% of what was agreed. This was a full signing that was completed and the borrower rescinded - full fee earned! If we have our mechanic replace our car battery, and then a week later the car dies, do we get to tell the mechanic that we will only pay him $5 for the battery work he did because the car died?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.