Notary Rotary
Hilton Grand RTC question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by MichiganAl on 10/19/07 10:50am
Msg #217288

One doc says seven days RTC, one doc says 10 days RTC. When I asked Hilton about this the last time, their answer was "Well, if there is any question about the rtc, you should be calling us right away." Well, that didn't help. I didn't say someone was thinking about canceling, it just helps if we actually know what's being signing.

Reply by docs1954CA on 10/19/07 11:00am
Msg #217294

I've closed many of these. As I recall, some states allow for a longer RTC on a timeshare. ( This, I believe is to give people considering a crappy deal like this more time to "wise up"Wink There are several pages in the package that have the state name listed at the top, but only one will have the borrowers names pre-printed on it. The last one I attempted to close was a bust, as the borrower wised up around the third page of the loan disclosure.They paid in full for the closing.

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/19/07 11:04am
Msg #217296

Both have borrower's name printed, both have arrows.

So both are to be signed. But at least I can explain the discrepancy. Thanks.

Reply by BrendaTx on 10/19/07 1:03pm
Msg #217342

Re: Both have borrower's name printed, both have arrows.

**So both are to be signed. But at least I can explain the discrepancy.**

Good info for all of us. Thanks y'all.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/21/07 6:05pm
Msg #217567

"some states allow for a longer RTC on a timeshare"

Do you mean some states "require" a longer RTC period? Any lender can at their discretion offer a longer RTC period than is required by Federal law.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.