Notary Rotary
How do you forgett to put the Hud in the package
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Kathy/ID on 10/4/07 7:44pm
Msg #214882

I have a signing scheduled for tomorrow. I go the docs today o/n, as I was reviewing them I see a sample hud 1 that says this is a sample not Respa compliant. ok, not a problem. So I continue to look through the package, find the note, deed, til, one copy of the RTC (for 2 signers) but never find the hud. I call the loan officer and he make him aware I did not get a hud then he transfers me to the document preparer, and I get voice mail.

Hopefully I will get the hud sometime tomorrow to print and add to the package. How can you forget that document!!!

Reply by pan/nd on 10/4/07 7:59pm
Msg #214886

It's common.

Happens to me a couple of times a month.

Most likely they'll e-mail you the HUD.

Many times they wait until almost the last minute to send the HUD because of the likelihood of changes.

It's maddening because you had to take time to search for it and then take more time tomake a phone call or two.

But, hey..it's not a perfect world

Reply by Todd/OH on 10/4/07 8:04pm
Msg #214889

I remember this happening. I looked and looked and finally had to leave for the signing. I would point out the issue and say "I don't know what to tell you. This is what I was provided."

Reply by JohnnyB on 10/4/07 8:06pm
Msg #214891

These are probably only lender docs. The title company will probably forward to you the title docs and HUD tomorrow. Does your instructions say anything about this?

The only time I see they were forgetting HUDS was 5-6 years ago when they literally had too much business and didn't know what was going on. Back then, you used to get all kinds of misspelled names too, but not too much of those anymore.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 10/4/07 11:16pm
Msg #214910

Don't leave your office without it!

If it's not in the loan package call and find out when you can expect it to be emailed or faxed to you.
If you are new and can't figure out who to call: call the company who hired you and ask "when can I expect the HUD Settlement Statement to be sent?"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.