Notary Discussion History

How do you sign up with First American Signature Services? n/m
Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Carmi Salvador on 10/31/07 2:19pm
Msg #219056

How do you sign up with First American Signature Services? n/m

Reply by nancykay_mo on 10/31/07 2:20pm
Msg #219057

Re: How do you sign up with First American Signature Services?

they found me on line

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 10/31/07 2:41pm
Msg #219066

What do they pay? Do you need bgc?

Reply by Above and Beyond Closings - Alice on 10/31/07 2:46pm
Msg #219070

They usually pay around $50 for overnight docs. $65 for email docs. They have a lot of rules to follow - call from signing table, update their website - these are ok but the follow up calls are annoying. After you accept the signing, they will call you to see if you confirmed with the borrower, they will call you again after you confirmed, they will call you after you spoke to them from the table and they will call you after you update their system to verify the tracking number. Nice people to work with but not worth all the phone calls. Don't drop them into your voicemail unless you want your phone ringing every 15 mins or so.

Reply by Sandra Clark on 10/31/07 3:16pm
Msg #219081

Why would anyone work for this low fee? No wonder companies are lowering fees, someone actually works for it . JMHO

Reply by Carmi Salvador on 10/31/07 3:26pm
Msg #219085

I know fees vary in every state. It's been really slow everywhere especially here in southern California. The wildfires made it worst. I tried turning down some signings who were below my minimum but I can't keep doing this. I'm in this business full time.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/31/07 4:00pm
Msg #219099

Carmi, I feel your pain. But, it's really time to bite the bullet & look for something else to supplement your income. Accepting low fees will NOT turn your situation around--you'll only go broke slightly slower.

Reply by Allison_MI on 10/31/07 6:18pm
Msg #219124

That fee is just for new people;. I've been doing closings for them for over 3 1/2 years. They pay better than $65.00 for edocs.....believe me!

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 10/31/07 7:13pm
Msg #219128

UGH! For years I haven't had to deal with that crap...I can't believe I've gottent that desperate! CA is so slow!

Reply by Carmi Salvador on 10/31/07 2:41pm
Msg #219068

where?

Reply by bfd110_IN on 10/31/07 3:06pm
Msg #219077

Re: How do you sign up with First American Signature Service

I would recommend going to signing central and looking there.

Reply by Carmi Salvador on 10/31/07 3:12pm
Msg #219078

I did go there and the website that signing central provided is signtrack.com. That site is to login if you are already in their database. There is nothing there on how to sign up . . . unless I missed it.

Reply by Steven Carter on 10/31/07 3:20pm
Msg #219084

You can try calling them at 800-588-2112.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 10/31/07 3:54pm
Msg #219095

I get calls from them alot but I'm not jumping hoops for $60. You can have em.

Reply by MotoNoto on 10/31/07 3:56pm
Msg #219098

They may not be hiring

That is why you can't log in to their database.

Reply by Kathy/ID on 10/31/07 4:00pm
Msg #219100

If all they are offering is $60.00 then I am not even going to try to sign up. I cannot afford to do them for that price.

Reply by Carmi Salvador on 10/31/07 4:04pm
Msg #219102

We'll see how much they pay for Southern California . . . if I ever sign up with them. Thanks for all the responses. I sure do appreciate it. Happy Halloween!

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/31/07 5:30pm
Msg #219115

They'll pay $50 for Southern CA. They know they have thousands of desperate notaries to pick from, there's no reason for them to raise their fees, at least not here.

I'm just shocked that so many people on this board are working for them. Unless you're in an area where you're the only game in town and can get whatever you quote, I don't see any reason to work for this cheap, newbie preying company.

Reply by Carmi Salvador on 10/31/07 5:53pm
Msg #219118

I remember notarynetwork.org had a forum about FASS. It did say that they were only paying $50 for Southern California but pay 2, 3, 4 times more in other state. All notaries in California should stop taking signings from them until they raise their fees.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/31/07 6:07pm
Msg #219121

Sent them an inquiry today prior to

reading up on them and realizing they're low-ballers. Here's their reply:

"Thank you for your interest. At this time, we are not recruiting any independent contractors in the state of California. You are more than welcome to contact us back in 6-12 months to see if our needs or performance criteria have changed.

First American Title Signature Services

Vendor Relations

[e-mail address]"

They saved me the trouble of turning 'em down!

Reply by nancykay_mo on 10/31/07 8:23pm
Msg #219140

I have never had a problem with them meeting my fee overnight or edocs. Yes kind of bothersome with all the calls but worth the money sometimes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.