Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
How to have somebody sign as Attorney in Fact and Trustee?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Bruce_CA on 10/1/07 2:55pm
Msg #214082

I have to notarize a doc and the Mrs is the Attorney In Fact (I witnessed the POA, so I know it is valid), but the mr and mrs have the home set up in a TRUST.
Do I have the Mrs sign as:

"John Doe, Trustee by Joan Doe, his Attorney-in-Fact." This LOOKs like it would be the right way, just checking.

I have done Trustee before, adn I have done AIF, but not BOTH together.

I am in CA as I know this will make some differenace

Thanks
Bruce

Reply by JohnnyB on 10/1/07 3:00pm
Msg #214085

I would check with your title company on this as I seen it done many different ways.
Also, I would charge extra for this as it adds another hour on to the signing

Reply by rengel/CA on 10/1/07 4:22pm
Msg #214115

I did one of these a couple of years ago, but can't remember how I had them sign. Sorry.

BUT - JB, it took no longer than any other signing so I wouldn't worry about it taking extra time.

My .02

Reply by rengel/CA on 10/1/07 4:22pm
Msg #214116

I did one of these a couple of years ago, but can't remember how I had them sign. Sorry.

BUT - JB, it took no longer than any other signing so I wouldn't worry about it taking extra time.

My .02

Reply by MichiganAl on 10/1/07 8:16pm
Msg #214159

If these are loan docs, definitely check with the t.c. first

It's not up to you to decide the verbiage, whether it's loan docs or something you're doing individually. I don't know CA but just to give you an idea, the one's I've done in the past have been "John Doe by Jane Doe, attorney in fact, as trustee of the blah blah blah estate..."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.