Notary Rotary
I am so sick of spam from needanotary.com
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by MichiganAl on 10/7/07 1:45pm
Msg #215333

These people are unbelievable. I started to sign up for their listing a few months ago. AFTER you give them all your info, it then states there's a fee (no where on their site does it mention a fee). What a sneaky little trick. So I don't complete the process. Well, of course, they still have my info and start e-mailing me three or four times a week with junk, and almost always doubles of the same e-mail. I've asked them five times to remove me. There's nothing visible on their site or when you log in to unsubscribe. Finally, they send me an unsubscribe link (they claim they'd sent it three other times to me which is a flat out lie). I unsubscribe. I still get their e-mails. I write again, they say the same thing, I need to unsubscribe and they've sent it to me four times now. Morons. This time, the e-mail doesn't even have the link, but I still have the old e-mail. I unsubscribe again. Today, what happens? Another e-mail from needanotary. I'm still on their list. I wouldn't give a penny to a classless act like this.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/7/07 1:55pm
Msg #215335

I just installed ChoiceMail One spam filter (recommended by PAW). It really cuts down on the spam.

Reply by CJ/OR on 10/7/07 4:41pm
Msg #215343

Complain to their ISP

Identify the domain name that they are using. If its not obvious in the URL then use one of the email messages.

If Outlook or Outlook Express is your email client, in the list of emails in your in box, highlight (but, do not open) one of their emails. Right-click, select properties. Then select "Details". If its not obvious there then ... find in the headers (stuff under details) the Originating IP. Highlight the numbers then, Control-C (that copies it).

Go to: http://cgibin.erols.com/ziring/cgi-bin/nsgate/gate.pl

in the box next to "Search by IP Address", position your cursor, Control-V (that pastes it).

Click the button. It will give you the internet provider.

then forward one of their spam letters to abuse@theirdomain

In the body of your forward indicate that they are spamming and won't honor your unsubscribe.

Than should solve it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.