Notary Rotary
I cried at a closing tonight.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by NCLisa on 10/9/07 9:00pm
Msg #215697

I did a closing for vet student at the Vet School this evening. Her name sounded familiar when I got the confirmation. I got there, we sat down, and she said I know your last name...oh, your are Kali's owner. How is Kali? I started crying right there, not hard, but I got all teary. Kali was my epileptic Australian Shepherd that I had to put down 2 weeks ago at the age of 5.5. Seems this vet student was on the neurology staff and had treated Kali many times over the last few years. I ofcourse apologized, and she told me not to worry about it, that unfortunately, it happens alot at the vet school. As I left I thanked her for being so understanding, and thanked her for helping give my dog a few more years of life than she would have had without the Vet School. This was such a weird coincidence.

Reply by Monica Valle-Cavero on 10/9/07 9:04pm
Msg #215702

Lisa,

I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is very diificult to loose an pet. They become such a big part of your life. I hope you have great memories of Kali and remember her in happier times.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/9/07 9:06pm
Msg #215703

I am so sorry for your loss, my prayers just sent for you. n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/9/07 9:17pm
Msg #215708

Lisa, I would have cried too. I'm so sorry you lost your friend Kali.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/9/07 9:20pm
Msg #215710

I am so sorry Lisa - Here is something to comfort you

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Reply by NCLisa on 10/10/07 6:10pm
Msg #215869

I love that poem but sob everytime I read it! n/m

Reply by OR on 10/9/07 9:21pm
Msg #215712

Re: I cried with you tonight. n/m

Reply by claudine osborne on 10/9/07 9:39pm
Msg #215717

Re: I cried with you tonight.

It is difficult when you loose a beloved family member..lost one last year, still miss the little guy..I know he is waiting on the rainbow bridge..Yours will be too..

Reply by CARID on 10/9/07 10:02pm
Msg #215726

Lisa, It is tough. I had to say goodbye to my Black Lab Pete

we had him for 16 years. He lived a good long life for a dog of that size. We had him since he was a puppy. In his later years he had and enlarged heart and hip problems. He got so bad toward the end we had to make the decision to put him to sleep. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. We prayed he would go on his own. But it never happen.

Reply by NCLisa on 10/9/07 10:10pm
Msg #215728

Here is a pic of our Kali

http://www.hoofandpawpetsitting.com/pets.html

She was so beautiful!

Reply by cal2az on 10/9/07 10:35pm
Msg #215735

Re: Here is a pic of our Kali

Yes. She was a beauty. Thanks for sharing her picture with us.

Reply by Nancy M. Misenar on 10/9/07 10:34pm
Msg #215734

I am sorry for your lose of Kali... n/m

Reply by Katie/AZ on 10/10/07 1:11am
Msg #215751

I am so sorry for your loss. n/m

Reply by Rose/CA on 10/10/07 1:55pm
Msg #215827

I ,too, am sorry you lost your friend.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.