Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I highly doubt they'd pull his commission......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2007 Index

Posted by Korey Humphreys on 10/28/07 10:27am
Msg #218654

over something like this. Now if he has a history of doing this with many complainants on file with the SOS, then maybe they'll pull his commission.

Here in Massachusetts it is not all that easy to get someone's commission revoked. I know because the Ayer Police Dept. and I were at odds. To make this long story short, my paralegal work brought me to people who were complaining about the conduct of two specific officers and the chief of police for not doing anything about the two bad apples. Well, with the assistance of a few Selectmen, I placed an ad in the local newspaper and invited anyone who had problems with any member of the APD to step forward. I would hear their complaints and if it was a legit complaint (not something like, "oh the officer yelled at me!", I notarized their affidavits and held on to the complainants complaint. After at least 50 complaints [for this small Town], I sent everything to the Attorney General and Department of Justice. For those individuals who felt uncomfortable signing a complaint, they simply signed a petition "To End Ayer Police Misconduct" which was also sent to the aforementioned places.

Well, in turn, the APD turned around and slapped me with (1) 2 cts. of Forgery of a Notarized Document; (2) 2 cts. of Filing a False Report as Public Officer; and (3) being an unlicensed private detective....... they also complained to my commissioning authority.

After a long year of intense investigations which felt like forever to me, the presiding judge, on the day of my trial, agreed to dismiss every count against me. In other words, I was cleared of all charges.

Anyways my point is that although the police chief and a detective tried to get my commission pulled, they failed to do so. My biggest life saver was the fact that I kept good records of everything. I also had a chance to speak with one of the Governor's Council to explain the situation. Thank God everything ended in my favor!!!!

In the mix of all this I was advised that they wouldn't "just pull my commission" without a chance for me to be heard on the matter. They said I would have the right to a hearing before anything got pulled. Now they could suspended a commission pending a hearing, but they won't just pull it. Which is good because what if I ticked a friend off and they decided to get even with me by contacting my commissioning authority? It would be horrible if they would just snatch up my commission.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.